Merkava Mk 4 -VS- Leopard 2A6

Can anyone post a picture or a link at the Engine Merkava IV ?
I mean it is a MTU Ka 883 , is this right ???

Is it right, that a lot of Leopard 2 A4-Versions from the Nederland Landmacht buy to Canada . Will Canada change the A4-Versions to the A6 M Can-Version ? Which customer do this change of the Versions ???
Is it KMWEG the originally customer or a other customer at Canada ?

German Version Leopard 2 A6

Leopard 2 A6 from the German-Army / Bundeswehr at Excercises by the " Lüneburger Heide" .

copyright : PzBrig15
exclusiv presented for this forum .

PzLBrig924042008Teil2177.jpg

PzLBrig92008Teil3456.jpg

PzLBrig92008Teil3469.jpg

Thanks for these nice pics!
Had some military exercises in this terrain (Lüneburger Heide), is quite nice though it's tough when the weather is hot. Remember some Leos too, and referring to the thread topic: there's no competition! German tank= run for life or surrender, never been different.
Panzer- Hurra!

German tank= run for life or surrender, never been different.
Panzer- Hurra!

In 1967 the Syrians had Panzer IV fighting against Israel Shermans. these are some of the results.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 372497[1].jpg
    372497[1].jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 542477664_3ae71ff167[1].jpg
    542477664_3ae71ff167[1].jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 65
Sherman, are you saying that the Germans dont know their stuff when it comes to making tanks?

And it's not even the same generation of tanks... These are tanks used in WWII or something like that... Shermans are modern tanks.

And the Syrian army is a joke next to Israel's army... Training, technology, tactics... You name it.

If Israel won these battles against much bigger armies, it wasnt a miracle. There is reasons behind their defeat. You should know that better than anyone here.

I know about the battle against Syria in the valley of tears, you did really good but the enemy tanks were russian tanks? I remember reading about the problem with the fuel reserves of the russian tanks....one shot tank down, sherman was more reliable...

Sherman, are you saying that the Germans dont know their stuff when it comes to making tanks?

And it's not even the same generation of tanks...

Far from it, my post was more of an anacdote, im not comparing the Panzer IV to the modern German equipment.

These are tanks used in WWII or something like that... Shermans are modern tanks
The Sherman was built and used in WWII.

And the Syrian army is a joke next to Israel's army... Training, technology, tactics... You name it

I would not say joke but Israel is much better, yes.

I know about the battle against Syria in the valley of tears, you did really good but the enemy tanks were russian tanks? I remember reading about the problem with the fuel reserves of the russian tanks....one shot tank down, sherman was more reliable...

The valley of tears was a battle in 1973, in which Israel fought with Centurions against T-54/55 and T-62. The Panzers shown above were destroyed in the 1960s.

I was not seriously claiming this actually relates to the toppic, I was just poking fun at this statement:
there's no competition! German tank= run for life or surrender

Well sorry to say but there is no competition, as Discovery Channel agreed

LOL, well, discovery channel is my personal bible!...

Seriously I would be hard pressed to tell you one advantage any of the main battle tanks have on the other. I always said that the Merkava is the best tank for Israel, not for any situation in the world. No tank can handle the terrain we have in the Golan Heights like the Merkava Mk4, simply because it was built with only 2 terrain types in mind.

The german Urban Tank , PSO is based on a Leopard 2 A5 ! ! !
It is not the Leopard 2 A6 version, the 120mm L 55 Weapon is too heavy for the Urban Leopard PSO .

The PSO had any futures : APU / Air-Conditioned /and in the front a Shield . At the turret left side a Weapon-Station for the Urban-Fight.
The Leopard 2 PSO is a Vehicle from the Customer KMWEG for testing and Show-Events. The German-Army will get the PSO for your international Engagement.

Didn't know that... luckily i only said Leo2 ;). My personal favorite in gun/design/speed is the 2A4

Last edited:
Its not a question of trust, basing on what i read from your other posts i trust you but its a matter of civilized discussion that some basis be given to an argument otherwise we have no way of relating to your argument and you can be misinformed, wrong or ofc right but there's no way of relating to that basing on a simple "trust me".
well politicaly we can't do curtain things in curtain areas so we change a thing about the tank that make it more (or less) something- after the UN is done it's periodic sample check we can change it back.. they know it but we mentain a status quo about it so one or two items in your info is not correct but it should remain this way- hope i won't get censured

I always wondered, why did the germans name their new tanks Leopards when they are more powerful and only a bit lighter than the Tiger tanks. Wouldn't naming them Smilodons make more sense?

Of course, they named the biggest tank ever built the Mouse.

Last edited:
As a tank comamnder, after seeing the Mk4 in work, I can hardly imagine more speed or firepower in a tank. What do you think it lacks in these fields?
We can always put more firepower in a tank by making a bigger one with the same improvements. More armor, a bigger gun, more ammo, and more machine guns. Of course, it's not exactly practical since you want your tanks to be able to travel by air.

Back