Merkava 4

MERKAVA the box of death

hi
ok let's go straight to the point ..
we have seen what merkava4 has brought to the zionist state of israel in the lebanese war of 2006..
hizbolah warriors stopped and damaged it so quickly and so easly while the armors were perfect and even the technologies implieed in this instrument of doom were appropriate to a regiualr war : like armada of tanks against armad of tanks not ........a colunm of tanks against light anti-tank infantry who are trained from the begening to face these giant mechine in war of attrition and in a way which puts the merkava crews in position of fighting with ghsots ! they did not know from where the Kornite missiles are lanched how they could destroy what they did not see !!!
mekava was made to face veichals not ghosts!
:m16shoot:

I uploaded Merkava walk around pictures
you can watch it on photo gallery

Nice.

hi
we have seen what merkava4 has brought to the zionist state of israel in the lebanese war of 2006..
hizbolah warriors stopped and damaged it so quickly and so easly while the armors were perfect and even the technologies implieed in this instrument of doom were appropriate to a regiualr war : like armada of tanks against armad of tanks not ........a colunm of tanks against light anti-tank infantry who are trained from the begening to face these giant mechine in war of attrition and in a way which puts the merkava crews in position of fighting with ghsots ! they did not know from where the Kornite missiles are lanched how they could destroy what they did not see !!!

Do I really have to tear your silly arguments to shreads with statistics or can we just agree you have no idea what you are talking about?

hi
:m16shoot:

tanks dont fight teror.....
what about the Zionist? we are here forever
http://www.idf-armor.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Although I dont aprove what the state of Israel is doing and above all how he is doing it I have to Admit that the MERKAVA 4 is a great tank design for urban warfare, something that not all tanks excel on.

Made to last of course it can and will be disable or destroyed in battle but nonetheless it´s still an impressive piece of hardware. The State of Israel has invested plenty of money on the MERKAVA design line and I have to admit that they have made their investmet worth every dime.

Best Regards

I went though this entire thread and cannot see where that was said. Mind filling me in?
Some posts have been deleted in this thread, so it's possible that it has been mentioned there.. :smil:

No Hmmm its not in this thread. But do a search for merkava mk4 and you will find it. Merkava Mk4 was never built for urban terrain. Yes, it is capable of it, but its not its main purpose. It is, like any other IDF tank in current service, made for fast--tempo combined arms operations, brakthrough battles and long armored advances. It is mainly built to take on other tanks.

Well, sounds like whoever designed it did a darn good job! Except the Challenger seems to be sturdier, since it can take on multiple RPG hits and still kick butt.

depends what RPG version your talking about. RPG-7 standart ammo will not penetrate a Merkava 4 or Even a Merkava 2 unless they have a lot of luck. As for more capable weapons I know the ansawers partially but this is hardly a good place to disclose the Mk-4 protection levels.

No Hmmm its not in this thread. But do a search for merkava mk4 and you will find it. Merkava Mk4 was never built for urban terrain. Yes, it is capable of it, but its not its main purpose. It is, like any other IDF tank in current service, made for fast--tempo combined arms operations, brakthrough battles and long armored advances. It is mainly built to take on other tanks.

Yes, the Merkava 4 is designed for high shock effect offensive engagement scenarios but you guys did a pretty good job of giving it better all around protection compared to everything else out there, lets face it, everyone else including the Russians are scrambling to introduce new platforms or come out with better side and rear protection levels for their tanks. And oh my, I havent even lay mention to armor protection levels situated on top of a Merkava 4 turret.

Well, sounds like whoever designed it did a darn good job! Except the Challenger seems to be sturdier, since it can take on multiple RPG hits and still kick butt.

Even M48's have survived multiple hit's from RPG's.

Back