mercenaries

tommy_gunn

can governments invest in the use of mercenaries and is there a market for it and would powerhouse country's finance a company for training of mercenaries

As has been stated, yes govts have used mercs - Blackwater, although they title them differently to keep the public sweet.

Here is a link to one of the most famous mercs of recent times - Mike Hoare, actually a hero of mine & I love the Wild Geese film as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hoare

At the bottom of the page are some links to some of his competitors as well, his books are interesting reading.

Blackwater and 3C use the term PMC. Borrowed that term from Sandline, Ghurka International and Executive Outcomes.

Blackwater and 3C use the term PMC. Borrowed that term from Sandline, Ghurka International and Executive Outcomes.

I love the marines. Unfortunately i would have love to join them but i am a south African, yes sandline i know and so i do know executive outcomes they are the same company from south Africa. Blackwater i know of but yes.
Mercs can get the job done with out the burocrats interfere in warfare and with all those rule.:bravo:

Your best example of how a PMC can be used by a goverment to effect an outcome is probably going to be Serria Leone's use of EO in the late 90's

The US used mercenaries in Bosnia---trained their army, taught them how to fight, etc...also EO in Africa, blackwater in Iraq, AVG in China before the US was officially in the war. Hessians for England during the Revolutionary War. In every war, in every conflict, nations have used mercenaries. The Pope even uses them to protect him.

I absolutely love that movie Wild Geese, also, shh, lol :) n they should use more ...no...lots of merc's especially in these high conflict zones. :roll:

It breaks my heart to hear of ordinary people having to suffer because of 'disagreements' between leaders who glorify death of their people but not their own :-x well, they (the leaders) should be given no peace either. I can understand removing a despot and all for it. Quick, fast , day and night raids upon such people would give no peace or rest and should be used. I was being literal. :roll: I get angry when our military is trying to help those that need help n others destroy it. Pardon my rant.

Wished it was that simple.
Sometimes you think a despot is terrible until you realize the alternatives in the area are worse. You realize that when people say that he is "kind" they are not kidding. It's very relative.

The goverments are allready using mercs, or PMC,s as they call them.
The real raids are being performed by your average doorkicker anyways (Army,Navy and Marines).

Exactly how do you invision the increased usage of PMC,s will help this situation?

I thought it would be great if they just go directly into the hills and 'remove' the 'bandits' :???: yeah, silly wish.

Well the guys going up into the hills to hunt the Taleban are soldiers not PMC,s.
It´d be very expensive to send PMC,s to do soldiers work.

Not to mention the fact that PMC's aren't as all professional as they claim to be.....seems they've dropped their standards to fill their qoutas.

I absolutely love that movie Wild Geese, also, shh, lol :) n they should use more ...no...lots of merc's especially in these high conflict zones. :roll:

Thats the point it was a "movie" based on true facts and like all movies i.e. Braveheart the truth gets a little streched.

Back