Men are too rough to train with, Army tells women - Page 2

--

November 9th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

Hey, in CAP, at our encampment, the girls beat the guys hands down in the mile run ,the o-course, the early morning mile run at 0600, AND PT every morning and night. We females did not complain so much about the heat or the work, or the exercise or training. The guys were complaining and whining the entire week
November 9th, 2005  
Warwick

Whats CAP????
Is that like training with a o'night ground component????
November 9th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

It is Civil Air Patrol-Official Auxiliary of the USAF. Encampment is a week long leadership training activity. We ran every morning at 0600, and had PT every night besides. You never once caught the females complaining, we had to do the same stuff as the guys. frequently we did more than they did. When we ran o-course, the guys were complaining about how much their hands and arms hurt by the end of the first obstacle. The girls just kept working. Example number two. My cousin chris is in the marines. He told me that the girls in his unit, they were tougher than most of the guys.
--
November 9th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngCAPcadet
It is Civil Air Patrol-Official Auxiliary of the USAF. Encampment is a week long leadership training activity. We ran every morning at 0600, and had PT every night besides. You never once caught the females complaining, we had to do the same stuff as the guys. frequently we did more than they did. When we ran o-course, the guys were complaining about how much their hands and arms hurt by the end of the first obstacle. The girls just kept working. Example number two. My cousin chris is in the marines. He told me that the girls in his unit, they were tougher than most of the guys.
Out of curiousity, how old were these folks at your week long encampment? Are you basically high school aged (13 -18y.o.) or what?
Additionally, what unit does your cousin belong to? I would really like to find out more about that Marine unit.
November 9th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

I have no clue which unit my cousin belongs to. Yes, we are junior high through senior high and college age. 13-21
November 9th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
Additionally, what unit does your cousin belong to? I would really like to find out more about that Marine unit.
I'd really enjoy finding that out myself Top.
November 10th, 2005  
Obvious

Lol like the enemy is gonna go easy on them just because theyre women or maybe............
November 11th, 2005  
hopefulfuturemarine

I don't care. I understand that women are naturally weaker than men, and that's why they have a lower level they have to meet in the service. But by God they scream for equality, right till we give it to 'em and they learn first hand every reason we kept them from it in the first place. They want to join just like a man, fine, But make them train just like one too.
Hopeful
November 11th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

There are just certain things that Men can do. Just as Women can do things we cant.
November 11th, 2005  
ISLANDFOX

They should treat everyone exactly the same when it comes to the military- and I don't say this for the sake of "womens rights", I say this for the effectiveness of a fighting force. You don't want an entirely weaker section of your army, who wouldn't be allowed to even sign up if they were male and of the same level of fitness. If they can't handle the requirements, then don't let them join. Everyone should have the same standards that are needed, so if a woman is good enough, she can get in.

Sure, it'll mean some women can't get in, but some guys can't either, and the purpose of the military is not to make everyone feel special, it's to defend its country and kick some ass.