'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus"

Duty Honor Country

Men Are from Mars, Women are from Venus by John Gray, Ph. D.

I bought this book because it comes highly recommended from a variety of sources. Since the relationship type threads are quite popular on the forum, this book should also be considered as"required reading."

As soon as I bought this book, I was instantly impressed. I flipped the pages to the chapter on the mistakes men and women make. Right there in black and white were the reasons why my wife and I argue. Here is an example or 2. "Women try to improve her man's behavior by offering unsolicited advice. This makes the man feel unloved because he feels she no longer trusts him...Many times a woman just wants to share here feelings about her day, and her husband, thinking he is helping, interrupts her by offering a steady flow of solutions to her problems." The book gives translations as to what a man or women really means by saying a curtain phrase. Near the end, the book tells how a score big with a man or women and actually gives exact points awarded. Such things as not making a big deal out of getting lost while driving, not saying "I told you so" when a mistake is made, not offering advice when a mistake is made, and he is not punished when he needs to be alone are some of the ways a woman can score big with a man. With women, there are 101 ways to score points. Men can score by hugging her as soon as he gets home, resist "solving" her problems, go to bed at the same time, leave the seat down ;), look at her when she talks to you, do the chores, hug her 4 times a day...

I reading is very easy. The hardest part about this book is actually reading it with the other person. Who wants to examine their problems? At the least, this book will give you a better understanding of the opposite sex. My wife and I have tried to work on our mistakes and it works. One time I wanted to offer a solution, but I kept my pie hole shut, listened and it actually worked. It is not an easy road, because it is hard to break habits that are years old in one day.

btw, the book calls men "mr. fix it" and women "the home improvement committee." :D

Back