In Memory of Senior Chief Engineman, USN - Page 2

--

November 21st, 2004  
dougal

Maybe you downloaded the intro. Hes a tribute to www.christymoore.com

A Irish hero in music. Makes you fall in love with lerics and Ireland. Your dad ever get here?
November 22nd, 2004  
Sharon_357

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
Maybe you downloaded the intro. Hes a tribute to www.christymoore.com

A Irish hero in music. Makes you fall in love with lerics and Ireland. Your dad ever get here?
I checked out the site. I have never heard of Christy Moore. I am in America of course, and unfortunately music from overseas doesn't make it on our radio too often. The closest we get is PBS (Educational Television) and Public Broadcasting radio, which sometimes features music from overseas... they have featured a very nice program with Irish music, and it plays once a week for an hour. I found this a bit of interest (speaking as an American).. his name is Christy and his sister's name is Micheal. Of course I assumed it was a woman.
>In the beginning of this decade I began getting piano lessons from Sister Michael.

Speaking of Irish, we've got Irish roots -- I was the auburn haired kid of six. My Dad probably has been to Ireland with all the years he spent in the Navy -- I would have to ask my mother that question. I feel safe to bet he was. He was stationed all around the world during his service. Most of the time he ever discussed his military experience, he mostly told about his time in the Korean War, on ships, and in Asia. He never really talked about being stationed elsewhere though I am sure he was.
November 22nd, 2004  
Sharon_357

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougal
Maybe you downloaded the intro.
I'm positive I was shooting for the full version (2 meg?) and being on dialup as I am, unfortunately, it cuts off in the middle of downloads sometimes. Though it did succeed to get all of "allthelove". Very nice, and playing it for about the fifteenth time.

Very nice. BTW, you said you're a student -- that's great. To call that being a "bum" is not. I'm a student. Currently working toward a Bachelors. I'm proud of my progress too. I was on the Dean's List last term. Not a bum!
--
November 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

He must be reading from upthere, man.
Thanks for sharing this with us. We appreciate of it a lot.
May your father RIP.
By serving the USN he served the cause of justice and liberty in the world.

Welcome to the boards Sharon.
November 22nd, 2004  
Sharon_357

I visited your blog at http://www.sorvegliatospeciale.splinder.com/ and I couldn't help but notice the matador. I'm sure that hurt like
November 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon_357
I visited your blog at http://www.sorvegliatospeciale.splinder.com/ and I couldn't help but notice the matador. I'm sure that hurt like
Yeah. Should be Zapatero, actually.
I visited your site too. Great way of honoring your father.
November 22nd, 2004  
DTop

Welcome Sharon. I'm sure your father would be as proud of you as you are of him. I'm pretty sure he's still looking after you.
November 22nd, 2004  
Trevor

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you're father is in a better place.
November 22nd, 2004  
Sharon_357

This is no joke guys. I visited the Navy.com site, and saw they only allow people to enlist up to age 34. Wouldn't you know! I'm 35. :P I contacted them anyway. They steered me in the direction of Navy Reserves, which claims to accept people until age 38. LOL. The fellow at the Reserves told me if a person can do well enough, they can transfer into the Navy full time.

My niece just wrote me about the holes worn into her feet during boot camp... and other problems she had during Marine boot camp. She said it was worth it for the pride and integrity.
November 22nd, 2004  
dougal

It gives you a tingle all over. And pride. It doesnt compare to what you feel