Memorial Day 2005

--
Memorial Day 2005

May 30th, 2005  
wolfen

Topic: Memorial Day 2005

Memorial Day 2005
Thank you

My 11 year old son wrote this for his 5th grade class and read it Friday to his entire shcool.

"Vets of all wars are remembered on Memorial day,from the American Revolution to Operation Iraqi Freedom, why don't we remember them and honor them every day of the year?"

I remembered this this morning as I was lowering my flag to half, brought a tear to my eyes, seeing my son standing there at attention with his hand over his heart.
May 30th, 2005  
hicks

Topic: Re: Memorial Day 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
"Vets of all wars are remembered on Memorial day,from the American Revolution to Operation Iraqi Freedom, why don't we remember them and honor them every day of the year?"
He's a smart kid. Most of the time people go about their lives without even a single thought about the welfare of our vets.
May 30th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Just make sure his mind don't get polluted growing up. Though I think in this case, we got a kid who's got his stuff together.
--
Memorial Day 2005
May 30th, 2005  
LIBERTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Though I think in this case, we got a kid who's got his stuff together.
Indeed. Wolfen you sould be proud to have a son like that.
May 30th, 2005  
Focus Fate

Topic: Re: Memorial Day 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen
Thank you

My 11 year old son wrote this for his 5th grade class and read it Friday to his entire shcool.

I remembered this this morning as I was lowering my flag to half, brought a tear to my eyes, seeing my son standing there at attention with his hand over his heart.
You, Sir have done an amazing job raising your son. You have done the job all American parents should do. You brought him up right. I envy you, and hope I can do as well a job.
May 30th, 2005  
Molly Pitcher

Good job, Wolfen!

I just got back from the parade here. Much bigger turnout than in the years prior to 9/11. I think folks here at least, are remembering. The last three Memorial Days here have been grand affairs.
May 30th, 2005  
Missileer

Great job of influencing a young mind. Give some credit to the way your family interacts about serious matters and be proud. Even some of the Legionnaires in our post didn't show up for a prayer breakfast (non denominational) for the troops.
May 30th, 2005  
alliehz

It's encouraging to see some kids still value this day, most people in my area think this day was made just for their enjoyment...but that's NorCal for ya. Keep up the good work with your son.
May 31st, 2005  
wolfen

Thank you everybody.
I teach both of my boys, and my daughter military history, and what each day means, theres certain things that they will never learn in school, and some of those are the most important things, and I swear as long as I live, my sons and my daughter will learn respect and love of country, and freedom
May 31st, 2005  
Joe252

good job wolfen.Now only if all parents could do that i think kids wouldnt go around about how there gunna get a 9mm and "bust a cap in someones arse"