Members Map added

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I've installed a new and integrated member map now.
Just click the "members map" link under the "Forum Features" menu at the top of the page to find it.
(visible to logged in members only)

To insert your entry just click on your entry and center the new map on your location. The latitude and longitude will change automatically. Don't forget to enter some text to accompany your marker. Once entered clicking your entry will load an update page. If your marker doesn't show directly, just close your browser and restart it or clear your browser cache.
The "show map" and "your entry" buttons blends too much into the background, so they will be changed a bit soon.

It uses Google maps, so you can actually zoom down to your house and place the pin exactly where you live (if you want that)...
Click the "sattelite" button on the map to switch to image maps.

Nice, eh?? :bravo:

It's awesome, but it is an old image. According to this map I live in wetlands/ swamp together with the bugs and the birds. This was turned into a city block about 3 to 4 years ago! But to put things into perspective... who gives a toss whether Almere Buiten is on this map. I mean it's not exactly Manhattan or the greater London area...

Hahahaha, I'll just do that!! I'll write them an angry letter saying just that! Bloody hell, we are the 7th city in The Netherlands and that is saying a lot, isn't it??? :)

Finally decided to respond to this post.

Map was a gas ... wasn't able to put a hole in my roof with a pin ... resolution wasn't good enough for my area. lol

I can pick out my house and see into the front and back yards. There are so many trees, that a lot of the house is hidden.

MightyMacbeth said:
what the? I demand an explanation Immedeately! :mrgreen:
Contact Google about it, it's their map.. ;)

The member map has also been updated to a new version today, so it should work a bit better now.

interesting.. I got that google map thing, and I can see good, but for some reason, the google map here.. fails to heh.. starnge

Back