Medieval Total War II

I have Rome: Total War and I got the demo of Medieval II, but really strategy on this scale just stumps me. I prefer to stick to the smaller but equally satisfying games like Company of Heroes and Dawn of War.

I still wish they'd had done it in the Napoleon era...

Maybe they have put Nappy aside until the next engine...

^Yea I would like a total war game set in the Napoleonic era. I mean what else is there? Japanese Samurai, then Medieval times, then ancient Rome. The collection is missing the Napoleonic era, or basically, 17-19 centuries. A total war game set in those centuries would be extremely cool imo :)

I've seen the game's new features, and i can't wait to get it. Just more time i should spend on school work will be wasted pretending i'm a general leading my fake troops to capture a castle, that's just me.

Hands down this game rocks. Since I have a 512 meg video card, I have all video options maxed out. My only real complaint about the game is you cannot zoom down to foot level during battle like you could with total war Rome. I am still playing with the video options. Watching your battle in replay makes the detail much better. There is nothing like watching a guy get kicked down and stabbed in the back with a sword as he lays on the ground.

You will all be amazed at the detail of the individuals fighting within a unit. The battles are a bit more chaotic, but that is how it happened in real life.

If you like military history, you will love this game.

Its nice indeed. Hey what faction did you choose?

I choose England. I am allied with Scotland. England is an island on the corner. In my opinion, this is a very good position to start. Just build up your navy and ur good.

I am in an alliance with scotland so no worries from them, for now.
I am just cautios about France, their movements dont seem to be in my interest and they rejected two offers of alliances, and strangley, they are getting into alliances with other factions.
Now my mission is to create and alliance with HRE and join a crusade.

Nice game :smil:

Post your campaign guys :cheers:

great game. Right now, I have conquered most of the regions in Northern Europe, except Denmark, which I am in a war with. Problem is, I am over streaching, and my relations with other factions is soaring.. I even got excommunicated :shock: I am sending a diplomat to the papal states to negotiate.. I have most of the French territories under my control, except for Paris and some other city. Portugal is in a lot of trouble, I have conquered nearly most of it. I have lands that were given to me by the poles the east of Europe, my concern though is that the Mongols might reach it soon.. I got Jerusalem from the Hungarians who got it from the Egyptians.. then the Egyptians attacked me with a force of 700 men, while I was only 300.. it was an epic battle, and a heroic victory for me indeed.. It was a crazy fantastic battle I tell you..
Now my main issue is producing and mobilizing more troops to go to my newly conquered and owned places, and to expand even more.

I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet, it looks interesting.
The Sicilians look like a likely choice for moi-

One quick question: Do all the factions come with the original game when you buy it, or do you have to purchase expansions(or something of that sort)?

you get a few factions to start the game with and as you play new factions are unlocked. Pretty much everyone on the game map except the aztecs can be played as. Papal states, mongols, timurids aren't playable. But there's a lot do do with the rest. Right now i'm playing as russia and i just conquered poland, it's nice picking on everyone who's smaller than you.

In my English campaign, Ive had all my priests become Pope at one time (never had another country, other then the beginning pope, become pope). I conquered all of Egypt and most of North Africa single handed. Conquered France and am currently working on Spain. I use assassination a lot, killed who knows how many Imams using that. Whenever I can call for a crusade I do so since I can get a huge army for cheap and 0 matinence (sp?). My next goal is to conquer the HRE and then go after the Aztecs if Im near that time period.

Back