Medieval battle records go online

What a wonderful find Perseus! Were any of your lot capable of stretching a long-bow? I don't think mine would have been tall enough. I have heard that mine lived in the Eng/Scots Borders, both sides and fought on both sides, often against each other.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I cannot find the link where you can actually access it, can anyone else? Searched the National records office which seems to be the obvious place.

my ancesters were most likely the brutish sword weiling infantry for the english on account my ancestors are from Colston (extremmely similar to last name), i guess its near Nottingham

hah nevermind 6/8 of mine were archers, other 2 are men at arms, and just one being an Esquire, i wish it involved all spellings of your last name since people spelled things out by sound at this point in time so mispellings were common

Last edited:
Thanks Monty. It's a strange thing the Internet when someone from 10 000 miles away helps me to find something which is actually 10 miles distant!

Great find and , also, much appreciated the work that went into it!

I have already around 50 ideas how to explore and to make use of it... in winter... :)

Rattler

Got into it. Loads of my lot at Agincourt - they must have been bigger in those days - my lot I mean- to draw those great Long-bows ; listed by name as archers and men-at-arms , 24 in total,with names of commanders.
Other battles - 50 + of us listed. :)

Thanks again, Perseus, a really great find.

Back