Media AWOL When Hillary Clinton Injured a Cop

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Reprinted from NewsMax.com

Monday, Feb. 13, 2006 1:12 p.m. EST
Media AWOL When Hillary Clinton Injured a Cop

The press is devoting blanket coverage to Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident on Saturday, where he injured a friend while the two were quail shooting in Texas.

But the media didn't think it was such a big deal five years ago, when Sen. Hillary Clinton injured a police officer who was manning a security post at the Westchester County Airport while she was rushing to a fundraiser.

On Oct. 14, 2001, Clinton's Ford conversion van blew past a security checkpoint manned by Officer Ernest Dymond, who said later that he immediately feared a repeat of the Sept. 11 attacks.

"The van went by me and we ordered them to stop and it continued going and we continued to yell to stop," said Dymond. "I didn't know if we had a terrorist," he told the Washington Times.

The quick-thinking cop grabbed the door of Mrs. Clinton's vehicle and hung on for dear life - banging away on the window until her Secret Service driver stopped.

Injured in the process, Dymond was unable to return to work for weeks.

Two weeks after the accident, NewsMax caught up with Officer Dymond and asked if Mrs. Clinton or anyone from her office had bothered to apologize - or even check to see how he was doing.

"I can tell you, no," the hero cop said.

In contrast, Vice President Cheney was described as "very concerned" about the incident and spent Sunday checking on his injured friend "almost on a minute-by-minute basis," the New York Times said.

Despite the fact that Mrs. Clinton was the leading elected Democrat in the country, the episode received almost no media attention, with only a handful of local news outlets picking up the story.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...html?s=et&s=us

Once again this shows how biased the media is toward the liberal democrat view. They will not say a word about their God-Queen Hillary Clinton. But they will rip a new one into any one that opposes her and her party.

Oh boohoo, so now you compare Cheney to Clinton and shooting your buddy with a shotgun to ignoring a stop sign? This is getting sillier by the hour.....
Fact is Cheney mistook his buddy for a bird and let him have it. This cop decides to grab the door of a driving car, and I bet it wasn't a inconspicuous car with secret service men aboard. Of course Cheney should be concerned; him damn near killed his buddy. Should Hillary be concerned.... I don't know. Not stopping for a security point or shooting somebody....... well it isn't exactly the same is it?

Well, the shooting accident is truly that.

There are rules to hunting qual.
1) The Pointer (Hunting Dog) does the work of flushing the bird and retriveing them.
2) The Hunter never gets the bird, the dog does.
3) If you do get the bird. INFORM YOUR HUNTING PARTY THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO THAT.

From what I have read. the VP's hunting partner did not follow any of the rules.

I myself have been peppered while hunting. It sucks, but it is common during hunting trips.

Clinton's little thing was more like on purpose.

How you can compare the two incidents is beyond me.

First off, the officer had to know that Mrs Clinton would be coming through the officer's gate and approximately what time the entourage would be arriving (the schedule would have been published approximately one hour prior to her arrival - I know I have been one of the officers on the gate when the secret service was scheduled to bring a vice president to our facility). The fact that he was stupid enough to grab the door handle of a speeding car tells me that his particular elevator didn't go all the way to the top floor. To blame Mrs Clinton for the faux pas when she was not driving and thus had NO control over the vehicle is the height of the ridiculousness that people that don't like her have stooped to.

I DON'T LIKE HER BUT CAN SEE THAT THIS CRITICISM IS UNWARRANTED.

The vice president had control of his shotgun and was directly responsible for where it was pointed. The gentleman who was shot was stupid enough NOT to make sure that the party members who were in front of him were aware that he was approaching them from behind and to one side of them. Talk about a situation just fraught with danger.

The only similarity with these two situations is that there was a stupid individual involved with both of them.

SO - LET'S BE REAL ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE ACCUSED THE MEDIA OF.

Your comparison doesn't meet the smell factor.

Last edited:
Chief Bones said:
How you can compare the two incidents is beyond me.

First off, the officer had to know that Mrs Clinton would be coming through the officer's gate and approximately what time the entourage would be arriving (the schedule would have been published approximately one hour prior to her arrival - I know I have been one of the officers on the gate when the secret service was scheduled to bring a vice president to our facility). The fact that he was stupid enough to grab the door handle of a speeding car tells me that his particular elevator didn't go all the way to the top floor. To blame Mrs Clinton for the faux pas when she was not driving and thus had NO control over the vehicle is the height of the ridiculousness that people that don't like her have stooped to.

I DON'T LIKE HER BUT CAN SEE THAT THIS CRITICISM IS UNWARRANTED.

The vice president had control of his shotgun and was directly responsible for where it was pointed. The gentleman who was shot was stupid enough NOT to make sure that the party members who were in front of him were aware that he was approaching them from behind and to one side of them. Talk about a situation just fraught with danger.

The only similarity with these two situations is that there was a stupid individual involved with both of them.

SO - LET'S BE REAL ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE ACCUSED THE MEDIA OF.

Your comparison doesn't meet the smell factor.

Excellent points. I agree trying to liken this situation with Cheney's is a very, very far stretch.

As you pointed out, she wasn't even driving the vehicle.

Chief does make good points.

I am not sure what the rules and regs are for guards on check points like that. It seems to me that the van should/would have to stop to verify the occupants are who they say they are. Late or not.

Back