Medals?

--

November 14th, 2013  
muscogeemike

Topic: Medals?

In this Sunday's Parade Magazine there is a story about an Army SSG who has 19 Ribbons with the highest being an Army Commendation Medal.
What in the hell, they must be giving Medals for Brushing your teeth!
November 14th, 2013  
The Highway Man

I felt like a fraud on our Remembrance parade stood there with my solitary Northern Ireland medal, whilst the young lads had a chest full of gongs. It was very humbling.
November 14th, 2013  
BritinBritain

Your bloody lucky I didn't even get a GSM.
--
November 14th, 2013  
The Highway Man

I spent 2 years in N.I. 6 months on weapons intelligence in South Armagh bandit country.
November 14th, 2013  
BritinBritain

Weapons intelligence? Thats an oxymoron if I've ever heard one.

I was 2 and 1/2 years in the Far East, the poor buggers when I left got their tour lengthened to 3 years
November 14th, 2013  
The Highway Man

Basically, we were a plain clothes int unit that assisted RUC CID at terrorist incidents, very interesting indeed.
November 15th, 2013  
BritinBritain

Its pointless putting a pongo in plain clothes, their haircut gives the game away.

I was in a pub years ago when a young fella walked in wearing civi's, I took one look at him and he was obviously serving, so I bought him a pint. He asked how I knew he was a serving pongo.
November 15th, 2013  
The Highway Man

You couldn't tell I was military with my long hair and beard.
November 15th, 2013  
BritinBritain

I'd only have to sniff and tell you were a pongo, like I can smell Old Bill from miles away.
November 15th, 2013  
The Highway Man

Living like a terrorist, you couldn't tell I was old bill, I was non recognisable, even to the point of going home on leave - my parents didn't recognise me.