Medal drape ?? (Not sure what it is called)

peacekeeper

I'm not that familiar with the English words for what I'm looking for. I really hope that someone of you guys/girls out there are able to help me.

So what am I looking for? I have the US Army Good Conduct Medal and right now I am looking for the fabric/cloth/drape that holds the medal. I need about 6-8" to make it fit to my other medals.
The European standard of medal drapes doesn't seem to be the same as the American ones.

So my question to you folks are; Does anyone of you know where I can get this red with wite stripes-patterned cloth?

FN-smiley.gif

Does anyone knows what I'm looking for and where I can find it??
Come on. Someone here at the forum should know anything about it.

peacekeeper said:
I'm not that familiar with the English words for what I'm looking for. I really hope that someone of you guys/girls out there are able to help me.

So what am I looking for? I have the US Army Good Conduct Medal and right now I am looking for the fabric/cloth/drape that holds the medal. I need about 6-8" to make it fit to my other medals.
The European standard of medal drapes doesn't seem to be the same as the American ones.

So my question to you folks are; Does anyone of you know where I can get this red with wite stripes-patterned cloth?

FN-smiley.gif

I've never heard of what you are describing. Is this like a sash such as one worn over the shoulder or a type of collector's display? Can you put a picture up? In America, there are many collection holders. Shadow boxes, special made collection boxes such as Gerstner&Sons, or just upright curio style cabinets.

Missileer said:
I've never heard of what you are describing. Is this like a sash such as one worn over the shoulder or a type of collector's display? Can you put a picture up? In America, there are many collection holders. Shadow boxes, special made collection boxes such as Gerstner&Sons, or just upright curio style cabinets.

Well, actually the total length I need of the ribbon is maybe about 4", but since I'm not that good at this I want to be sure to have som extra. :)

med.jpg

As you can see on the picture the medal on the right-most is higher up than all the others.. This is what I need the ribbon for; To make it the same length as the others...

Did that make it more understandable?

peacekeeper said:
Missileer said:

Well, actually the total length I need of the ribbon is maybe about 4", but since I'm not that good at this I want to be sure to have som extra. :)

med.jpg

As you can see on the picture the medal on the right-most is higher up than all the others.. This is what I need the ribbon for; To make it the same length as the others...

Did that make it more understandable?

Got it. That's on the site that Redleg gave you. I looked at them and they look like the replacement ribbons are longer than normal ones. ;)

Missileer said:
Got it. That's on the site that Redleg gave you. I looked at them and they look like the replacement ribbons are longer than normal ones. ;)

Ah.. OK.. Then I will check for the replacement ribbon at the site. Thanks a lot!!

Back