'Mean Mom' Sells Son's Car After Misdeed

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
'Mean Mom' Sells Son's Car After Misdeed
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet." After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone - by placing an ad in the local newspaper. The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally...

Responsible parenthood is not dead yet it appears.

Once the news gets out, that mum will perhaps save more lives than that of her son.

I couldn't reallygive a damn if the son killed himself by drinking and driving, I'm thinking about the others he takes out when he goes.

Here in Australia, the Police/Government have bitten the bullet and introduced "car crushing" for the vehicles of repeat offending hoon drivers. The driver is made to be present when it is done. It's certainly steadied up the public displays.

Last edited:
If it was your car you'd be thinking differently...

I'd sell my mom's car if she pulled that one!
She didn't "pull" anything. Why don't you look down and read senojekips post. If that doesn't make you re-think your post maybe this will. This happened very recently;

A drunken driver from Michigan sped down a highway in the wrong direction for about seven miles before his pickup truck slammed into a minivan carrying a family home after a holiday trip, police said.

A woman and four children in the minivan, including two authorities say were from Michigan, were killed in the crash that scattered toys, stuffed animals and bits of gift wrap along the edge of the road.

Tests showed that the pickup truck's wrong-way driver had a blood-alcohol level of .254 percent, more than three times the legal limit in Ohio of .08, police said. (The drunk driver lived with no serious injuries).

Bethany Griffin, 36, Jordan Griffin, 10, and Verde Griffin, 6 months, all of Parkville, Md., were killed along with Lacie Burkman, 7, and Haley Burkman, 10, both of Redford Township, Mich., near Detroit, according to the Lucas County Coroner's office.

Both drivers tried to avoid each other, but the crash ripped a side door off the minivan, throwing out some of the victims.

An infant seat wrapped with pink baby blankets landed in the roadway.
Think about that for a moment and let it sink in.

Great post btw, senojekips. I agree. It's always the innocents who get killed in the DD accidents. It's wonderful to see a parent who isn't lax about her child or the people her child will be putting in danger.

Back