McDonald v. Chicago

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to start my return..... I think it's about time that the USSC is going to here an Incorporation Case in regards to the 2nd Amendment. I hope and pray that the USSC rules in favor of McDonald and that the Chicago handgun ban is ruled illegal and since it would mean that the 2nd Amendment incorporated that would in turn make the NYC ban, MYS AWB, California AWB, and many other despotic gun laws illegal.

I mean how is it that after 223 years of existence that the 2nd Amendment still isn't incorporated. But maybe after June it will be.... Would be fitting that it happens on the 223rd year of the Constitution. Since .223 Remingotn is the current caliber of choice for the US populaces number one rifle. The AR-15.... the civilian version of the Military's service rifle. The M16.

On a side note.... Two states of passed their Firearm Freedom Acts. Montana and Tennessee. Florida still has one on the floor of it's Senate. BATFE has stepped in and stated that neither state has the right to pass laws the would negate the Federal Firearm Laws. The States are claiming 10th Amendment Rights. Any power not delegated to the Federal Government is thus delegated to the State and it's people. Since these States are stating that any firearm made within their borders and that stay within their borders do not constitute Interstate Commerce that the Federal Government and BATFE have no authority what so ever to regulate it.

Many have said that the 2nd Amendment Issue will be the catalyst for the new Civil RIghts Movement in the USA. The right to exercise their Constitutional Rights.

You know, I despise the claim that more guns on the street will equal more crime. I recently got my Tennessee Carry Permit (in TN there is carry and open carry). Since then I carry on a regular basis. I have not committed a crime or shot anyone; I have been the same law abiding citizen I was before.

5.56 I hate to say this but the Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision that the Federal Government has the right to regulate the illegal pot market. This happened in California when the feds raided a home of a woman who had 6 plants in her house with a permit for medical marijuana. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court. The court ruled that since she was not buying from the illegal dealers (something that is interstate) the federal government can regulate her pot growing. The precedence for this case goes back to farmers who grew only for sustenance. Again since the farmers were not buying produce off the market the farmers were influencing supply and demand so the government can regulate the market. With that said, the Tennessee and Montana laws will be struck down.

The worst clauses of the US Constitution are the General Welfare Clause and the Interstate Commerce Clause. It allows the government to stomp all individual rights and do whatever it wants to do.

You know, I despise the claim that more guns on the street will equal more crime. I recently got my Tennessee Carry Permit (in TN there is carry and open carry). Since then I carry on a regular basis. I have not committed a crime or shot anyone; I have been the same law abiding citizen I was before.

5.56 I hate to say this but the Supreme Court ruled in a 5-4 decision that the Federal Government has the right to regulate the illegal pot market. This happened in California when the feds raided a home of a woman who had 6 plants in her house with a permit for medical marijuana. The case went all the way to the Supreme Court. The court ruled that since she was not buying from the illegal dealers (something that is interstate) the federal government can regulate her pot growing. The precedence for this case goes back to farmers who grew only for sustenance. Again since the farmers were not buying produce off the market the farmers were influencing supply and demand so the government can regulate the market. With that said, the Tennessee and Montana laws will be struck down.

The worst clauses of the US Constitution are the General Welfare Clause and the Interstate Commerce Clause. It allows the government to stomp all individual rights and do whatever it wants to do.
Actually it's just the absurd Ruling that anything affecting Interstate Commerce can be controlled, instead of limiting it to things in actual Interstate Commerce. I think many Depression Era Rulings should be thrown out because anything done under duress is null & void, & FDR was using duress (threat of Court packing) to strong arm the SCOTUS.

1824 Gibbons v. Ogden Chief Justice Marshall introduced the idea that the Commerce Clause empowered the Federal Government to regulate activates that occur in a single state is they affected other states. By simple definitions of supply and demand, everything affects everything else.

1938 United States v. Carolene Products This one was about the transportation of skim milk mixed with types of fat being transported between states. The Supreme Court declared all federal laws are presumed to be constitutional.

1942 Wickard v. Filburn this is the case where a farmer who grew wheat on his own leand for his own personal use could be regulated by the government because he could have bought the wheat from another state if he had not grown it.

2004 Gonzales v. Raich This is the medical marijuana case I just talked about. Its basis for regulating marijuana came from the Commerce Clause.

Sometimes I hate being a history major. I got these examples from Who Killed the Constitution by Dr. Thomas Woods

1824 Gibbons v. Ogden Chief Justice Marshall introduced the idea that the Commerce Clause empowered the Federal Government to regulate activates that occur in a single state is they affected other states. By simple definitions of supply and demand, everything affects everything else.

1938 United States v. Carolene Products This one was about the transportation of skim milk mixed with types of fat being transported between states. The Supreme Court declared all federal laws are presumed to be constitutional.

1942 Wickard v. Filburn this is the case where a farmer who grew wheat on his own leand for his own personal use could be regulated by the government because he could have bought the wheat from another state if he had not grown it.

2004 Gonzales v. Raich This is the medical marijuana case I just talked about. Its basis for regulating marijuana came from the Commerce Clause.

Sometimes I hate being a history major. I got these examples from Who Killed the Constitution by Dr. Thomas Woods
Guess it shows bad rulings aren't just a modern thing. Commerce Clause needs to be reigned in to cover only things in actual interstate commerce.

The Antifederalist papers declared congress had the power to do what ever it wants. They also declared that congress would use its own judgement to decide what is consitutional and what is not.

I believe that federal laws regarding the Commerce Clause have only been rebuked 3 times; one time being a federal law on keeping firearms so many feet away from schools. That one was overturned.

I feel the authors of the Antifederalist papers were correct. The Commerce and General Welfare Clauses give Congress the power to do what ever it wants.

That follows a nation wide trend in fire arm support. Don't quote me, but support for handgun ownership has risen from 40% in the early 80's to around 60% today. The media throws too many numbers for me to remember them all but I am pretty sure I got it right +/- 5 percentage points.

That article was pure common sense.

McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just to start my return..... I think it's about time that the USSC is going to here an Incorporation Case in regards to the 2nd Amendment. I hope and pray that the USSC rules in favor of McDonald and that the Chicago handgun ban is ruled illegal and since it would mean that the 2nd Amendment incorporated that would in turn make the NYC ban, MYS AWB, California AWB, and many other despotic gun laws illegal.

I mean how is it that after 223 years of existence that the 2nd Amendment still isn't incorporated. But maybe after June it will be.... Would be fitting that it happens on the 223rd year of the Constitution. Since .223 Remingotn is the current caliber of choice for the US populaces number one rifle. The AR-15.... the civilian version of the Military's service rifle. The M16.

On a side note.... Two states of passed their Firearm Freedom Acts. Montana and Tennessee. Florida still has one on the floor of it's Senate. BATFE has stepped in and stated that neither state has the right to pass laws the would negate the Federal Firearm Laws. The States are claiming 10th Amendment Rights. Any power not delegated to the Federal Government is thus delegated to the State and it's people. Since these States are stating that any firearm made within their borders and that stay within their borders do not constitute Interstate Commerce that the Federal Government and BATFE have no authority what so ever to regulate it.

Many have said that the 2nd Amendment Issue will be the catalyst for the new Civil RIghts Movement in the USA. The right to exercise their Constitutional Rights.
I believe that some gun laws should be in place. There is no point in owning a .55 caliber machine gun unless you are threatened by an army of armed and armored Grizzly bears.

But a total handgun ban seems a bit extreme.

Also (Insert bad joke about the forefathers actually meaning you had the right to have a bear's arms here.)

Last edited:
I believe that some gun laws should be in place. There is no point in owning a .55 caliber machine gun unless you are threatened by an army of armed and armored Grizzly bears.

But a total handgun ban seems a bit extreme.

Also (Insert bad joke about the forefathers actually meaning you had the right to have a bear's arms here.)
The body of the Constitution authorizes Privateers, armed private warships, therefore we can own cannons(1776 armament) possibly to include missles & torpedoes by modern armament standards, so what's the big deal about machine guns?:hide:

The body of the Constitution authorizes Privateers, armed private warships, therefore we can own cannons(1776 armament) possibly to include missles & torpedoes by modern armament standards, so what's the big deal about machine guns?:hide:
It's a tad extreme for self-defense and would be horribly impractical to pull out if you are being mugged. There's just not much point in owning one.

SCOTUS made the right decision on this one, something that might go the other way if Obama gets to appoint more Justices. Looks like Mayor Daly is bent on undermining the Decision. No handguns outside the living quarters. Lose your rights for 2 DUIs, usually not a Felony & sometimes just a traffic offense, amougnst other things

Back