particularly ... (in areas such as) the Sunni Triangle, which led to us
paying a very heavy price.'

McCain said U.S. troops must be able to deal with the insurgency,
particularly Shiite militias.

He reaffirmed his stand that U.S. troops should not withdraw. 'I want to
emphasize that we cannot lose this,' McCain said. 'It will cause chaos in
Iraq and in the region, and ... we must prevail.'

Team Infidel said:
He is the best Republican the Democrats have.

He's one of the most honest Republican the United States has. I dont agree with McCain on the issues which is why I won't vote for him, but I won't deny hes a man of integrity. I admire how he stands up to the Bull**** the White House has been feeding us the past 3 years on Iraq.

Will there ever be another Teddy Roosevelt? Why do we have to wait spans of 50 or more years for the USA to produce a stirling Presidential candidate?

Because it takes historians, media and the general public 50 years to idolize a public figure. No "great" leader was ever appreciated in their day. Time has this habit of making us forget the mistakes, missteps and blunder and only recall the shining moments and often we don't see the wisdom of a course of action a leader makes until many years later when in hindsight we can see clearly how it was the right move... even though at the time we whinged and complained and criticised.

And only NOW does McCain announce that we are losing in Iraq ... where the h*ll has he been since the day that GW announced we had won the war from the deck of an aircraft carrier? Things have gone down hill ever since GW's announcement, and only now (just prior to another presidential election), does McCain recognize what many of us have been saying for the last year/year and a half.

WE ARE LOSING THE WAR IN IRAQ ... THE BATTLE(S) REQUIRE A LARGER FORCE THAN THAT WHICH GW IS WILLING TO FIELD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I AM AN AMERICAN ... I AM PROUD OF MY COUNTRY ...
ANY PERSON WHO ATTACKS MY COUNTRY WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME ...
IF YOU ARE AN AMERICAN AND HATE AMERICA - THEN PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE.
I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN OR APOLOGISE FOR BEING AN AMERICAN.
However, if you are foreign born, and are seeking a better life -
I will be the first one to extend a hand in welcome.

Last edited:
Chief Bones said:
And only NOW does McCain announce that we are losing in Iraq ... where the h*ll has he been since the day that GW announced we had won the war from the deck of an aircraft carrier? Things have gone down hill ever since GW's announcement, and only now (just prior to another presidential election), does McCain recognize what many of us have been saying for the last year/year and a half.

WE ARE LOSING THE WAR IN IRAQ ... THE BATTLE(S) REQUIRE A LARGER FORCE THAN THAT WHICH GW IS WILLING TO FIELD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I AM AN AMERICAN ... I AM PROUD OF MY COUNTRY ...
ANY PERSON WHO ATTACKS MY COUNTRY WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME ...
IF YOU ARE AN AMERICAN AND HATE AMERICA - THEN PACK YOUR BAGS AND LEAVE.
I WILL NEVER BACK DOWN OR APOLOGISE FOR BEING AN AMERICAN.
However, if you are foreign born, and are seeking a better life -
I will be the first one to extend a hand in welcome.

I agree on both counts Chief. But better late than never ya know? I'd rather listen to McCain belated admission than another round of the "stay the course" rhetoric.

phoenix80 said:
McCain should STHU

I second that motion.

I guess we should just get genetic material from Teddy Roosevelt, Goerge Patton, [SIZE=-1]Dwight Eisenhower[/SIZE], and Ronald Reagan. Mix it all together and make the best leader the USA needs.

Wouldn't matter Luis, we wouldn't know how good they were until years later. Our world is too focused on instant gratification and "magic pills" to solve problems and people are too quick to snipe and whinge. THAT is the difference between current generations and the ones that preceeded us... we need another depression to toughen people up and make them STFU and quit whinging and waiting for a handout and being so god damned self-centered. All the NIMBY's and PACs and god damned "victims"... its this attitude that allowed post-WWII Japan to kick our industrial butts off the pinacle and it hasn't hit home YET! The majority of my fellow citizens' attitude and outlook on the world pisses me off... it will take a real HARD slap in the face before people will wake up but then I am not sure it will work for more than seven seconds before we nod back off again into complacency if 9/11 is any indication.

MM said:
"I agree on both counts Chief. But better late than never ya know? I'd rather listen to McCain belated admission than another round of the "stay the course" rhetoric."

Boy can I ever second that one ... if I hear 'stay the course' one more time, I am going to puke.

He's one of the most honest Republican the United States has. I dont agree with McCain on the issues which is why I won't vote for him, but I won't deny hes a man of integrity. I admire how he stands up to the Bull**** the White House has been feeding us the past 3 years on Iraq.

And then when he has to do something like run for office he reverts to the same spineless starry-eyed patriotism as the rest of 'em.

I also notice a lot of people telling the man they're pushing for president to shut up... but when he flip-flops there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
And then when he has to do something like run for office he reverts to the same spineless starry-eyed patriotism as the rest of 'em.

I also notice a lot of people telling the man they're pushing for president to shut up... but when he flip-flops there's nothing wrong with that.

This thread is really. really. old.

Back