McCain

Thank you MM. I guess that will be because he is the Republican candidate, so that is hardly his fault, as you have pointed out.

At the same time, it is highly unfortunate for Obama if he has received publically declared support of Hamas, as he is an American Presidential candidate.

I guess he would have to postively and publically denounce and put distance between that and himself, would he not?

Sorry to intervene, just interested.
agreed...

considering mccains pro-immigration stance, im surprised the KKK or any neo-nazis are supporting him. It would seem to go against there stated goals of white supremacy.

considering mccains pro-immigration stance, im surprised the KKK or any neo-nazis are supporting him. It would seem to go against there stated goals of white supremacy.

Because they hate Jews and Black people more.

I cannot remember where I saw it on TV, but I saw an interview a few years ago with some of these hate groups and I remember being surprised to learn that although they looked like rednecks, a couple of them of them had some VERY Spanish-sounding names, and I seriously doubt they were from Spain. I wished the interviewer had asked them about it...

It was a odd thing that tickled my amusement.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting Back to McCain...

I was just reading his absurd economic proposals. More Bushism, and we all know what a fanatistic economist Bush has been:

Permanent tax cuts for the rich, tax cuts for global corporations, a polite reminder (no enforcement) to big business about regulating themselves, freeze most domestic spending (because our educational and enviroment system costs so much) and then I read the motherload:

A 3 month suspension of Federal Gas Tax on Gasoline during the summer.

Of all the stupid ideas, this has to be the granddaddy of bad ideas. Here's why:

1. If you suspend the gas tax, you will encourage people to buy gasoline, doing exact the opposite of what is needed which is to REDUCE consumption. Even Bush (an oilman himself) has said this.
2. The more people buy gas (Demand), the the higher price goes up (Supply). So at the end of the the summer instead of having a barrel of oil at $117 as it is now, it could conceivably be as high as $180-200 a barrel (depending how great the demand is). But remember people tend to drive a lot during summer so you can expect a heavy demand for cheaper gas.
3. That increase will go directly into the Arab hands which in turn will go in groups like al-Qaedas coffers, because its well known the Saudis, Kuwaitis and others are playing both sides in the GWOT. Yes thats our money thats funding both sides of the GWOT.

Sound like a good idea? I didn't think so. Even the very conservative WSJ thinks its a bad idea that will cost American jobs.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/04/15/mccains-gas-tax-plan-may-be-a-clunker/?mod=WSJBlog

What he should do is INCREASE the gas tax in order to reduce U.S oil Consumption, this will drop the price of oil, and if he increased the taxes high enough (like $3-$4 as it is in Europe) we could eliminate ALL taxes on income.
But take a guess which Washington Industry lobbying group is against this? Big Oil. More Taxes=Less Demand=less profits.

I heard an estimate on TV that said if the US didnt use a drop of oil for a single day (no cars, planes, etc) it would drop the price of oil by at least 20% and would absolutely destroy the oil industry.

Last edited:
The gas tax removal is a terrible idea. It's not going to help the economy, it just deludes people into thinking that everything's like it used to be.

I am going with Obama, although I am not sure he will be a very good president but I don't want McCain... Sure he served his country and I respect him for that but he is basically wanting to repeat what did not work under Bush.

In their eyes it is better than having Obama (a black man) become president.

Back