• Merkava Mk4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M1A2 Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is a tough one.

They are both equal in terms of frontal protection, while the Merkava has better protection against ATGMs on the flanks and rear. Their gun, ammo, and fire control are equal. The Abrams profile and mobility is slightly better.

I'll go with the Merkava, because it's sexier and just slightly better.

Very tough fight, as will the final be too. Again I went with the MIA2 due to its mobility, which is something I rate very highly in MBTs.

M1A2 keeps running into very hard competition. Challenger in the last round and the Merkava in this. I personally believe that the Merkava has a slight edge over the M1, though not a huge one.

All the anks got hard comeptition in this...the Leo got the Lelerc, Merkava got the Ariet, and so on...

it really depends on doctrines from here on I think.
If your doctrine is about mobility and attack, which is actualy favorable if you can do it, then the M-1A2 should be the tank of choice.

MOOSEMUSS!!!

MANOUVER, Objective, OFFENSIVE, SURPRISE, Economy of Force, Mass, Unity of Command, Security... and errr... what did that last S stand for again?

it really depends on doctrines from here on I think.
If your doctrine is about mobility and attack, which is actualy favorable if you can do it, then the M-1A2 should be the tank of choice.

I wouldent say that...But the Abrams is faster.

I agree with you guys when you say the survivability is better, but the M1A2's mobility has a huge edge in this match.

With a faster Tank, you have the better say in where the fight will take place and under what circumstnaces.
Of course or the tanks can just sit there and wait it out lol.

The Merkava also has an excellent track record. They made jokes out of T-72s just like the Abrams did and have been in counter insurgency operations pretty much every day since.

In a 1v1 fight, it's who ever see's each other first. I don't know much about the optics on the Merkava, but the TC has a great view when buttoned up, thanks to cameras placed around the tank. The M1A2's x50 FLIR is the best in the world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back