Challenger II 6 40.00%
M1A2 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: MBT: 1on1!!! Round 2/C

Alright, These two tanks are competeing for the semi final vs the Merkava....:

On the Right, weighing in at 62.5 tonns, the Challenger II!!!!
Info:
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/chall2.htm
On the left, weighing 55 tonns, the Abrams M1A2!!!!
Info:
http://www.army-technology.com/projects/abrams/

Should be a close one, but I think we have a lot of americans here....
October 3rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think the M-1A2's superior mobility really gets me on this one. The gun of the M-1A2 is good enough anyway and its armor has been proven to be superb surviving direct hits and stuff.
October 3rd, 2004  
Doppleganger

Cam I ask how you've arrived at these match-ups in the first place? Did you draw lots, was it random or did you design it this way?

I think it's silly putting 2 'heavyweight' tanks up against each other at this stage. Would have been better had they met in the semi-final for instance.

Anyway I vote for the M1A2 as it does have better mobility. There isn't really much else to choose between them.
--
October 3rd, 2004  
rOk

I picked the Challenger on these criteria

Powerful gun
Diesel
Good looks
October 3rd, 2004  
Shadowalker

There very similar almost the same in terms of performance, apart from C2 having better armor and the M1A2 having better mobility.
October 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Cam I ask how you've arrived at these match-ups in the first place? Did you draw lots, was it random or did you design it this way?

I think it's silly putting 2 'heavyweight' tanks up against each other at this stage. Would have been better had they met in the semi-final for instance.

Well, Im sorry that you are upset, but the match ups are prettey much by ABC order(of origin country) in the first round and so the tank from USA and UK got to meet each other now(as the both won their 1st round matches)
October 3rd, 2004  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:

Well, Im sorry that you are upset, but the match ups are prettey much by ABC order(of origin country) in the first round and so the tank from USA and UK got to meet each other now(as the both won their 1st round matches)
Hehe I'm not upset was just curious at the thought processes behind the matches.
October 3rd, 2004  
A Can of Man

5-5 draw so far!
October 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Close match and a tough choice.
October 3rd, 2004  
G.A.F.E.S.

Topic: .......

I go for the Challenger.