• T-90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Merkava Mk4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHERMAN

Alright. The Leo 2A6 made it to the semis, where it will meet the NORINCO Type 85II. Now we will see who makes it to the second semi-final-
The Merkava Mk4 or the T-90?

On the right, weighing 46.5 tonnes, Mother Russias own T-90!!!
Info:http://armor.kiev.ua/fofanov/Tanks/MBT/t-90.html

On the left, weighing in at 65 tonns, the sharpend edge of the star-of-david, the Merkava Mk4!!!
Info:http://israeli-weapons.com/weapons/vehicles/tanks/merkava/MerkavaMk4.html

Oh yeah, please bother to explain your choice... :D

I think the Merkava has a superiority in armor.
The gun's performance... I would assume the Merkava would have about 2500m range. Don't know about the Russian one though but the 125mm doesn't neccessarily mean the range is longer.
Also their top speeds don't seem to be that big of a difference. 65km/h for the T-90 while 60km/h for the Merkava.
Also I am usually highly skeptical about the "T-72 improvements," though this one seems genuine enough.

I'd say Merkava, obviously because of armor protection, probably better firepower and lastly crew training and experience.

Although these two tanks differ wildly in their roles (doctrine) ie. T-90 is a spin-off of the T-72 which primary task was to penetrate quickly and in numbers through the Fulda gap and the Merkava is an armored juggernaut whose intention is to project power in urban areas.

I'd say Merkava, obviously because of armor protection, probably better firepower and lastly crew training and experience.

Although these two tanks differ wildly in their roles (doctrine) ie. T-90 is a spin-off of the T-72 which primary task was to penetrate quickly and in numbers through the Fulda gap and the Merkava is an armored juggernaut whose intention is to project power in urban areas.

The Merkava is by no means an urban-warfare vehicle. Its a MBT, all the way. Remember it was developed to fight off masses of Egyptian and Syrian tanks, not gurrilas(although its capable of that 2)

Well, I voted for the Merkava(surprise.. :D ), because of its fire control system, and crew protection. Also, if we see the T-90 as a development of the T72, and the Mk 4 as a development of the Merkava Mk1, these tanks met each other before, and the T72 was on the bad end of it.....

The Merkava is by far, the most battlefield proven modern/up to date tank. It's one of my two favorite tanks out threre at the moment. I'm curious about something though: Does it use depleted uranium for its armor?

If I knew, I couldent tell you... :D As far as being the most battle proven, Id have to disagree....The only true Tank on Tank fighting the Merkava saw was in Lebanon...Mostly it has done Counter Insurgency, and proven good at it, though, as I said it really is a MBT first and foremost.

@ Sherman

I thought that the Merkava was designed for a prolonged conflict of low intensity which is at the moment mostly happening in urban areas.

I have no doubt that it's a full-on MBT, but I think I read somewhere that the 60mm mortar is there because of this planned urban warfare role.
Could be wrong though...

I think the most battle proven tanks are the T-72s. Proven to get their arses kicked silly and be the M-1A1's little *****.
LOL

true...but we never did get to see the T-72 operated the way it was meant, in huge noumbers by Russian well-trained crews....The Arabs, while being brave and fierce warriors, never did have modern training and solid command.

Well, over 40000 MBTs, even old ones, could do a world of damage on any force, if their teams are decently trained...This seems off-toppic... :D

The thing with Russians...everything else would be in huge numbers too, not just the tanks...

Sorry for OT.

Especially casualties! Every time the CHinese or the Russians show up they absolutely inflate the living daylights out of the casualty count.

On that note, if it wasn't a 1 vs 1, then I'd say the T-90 has a pretty good chance.

Under 1000m every 120mm and above tank gun is mighty dangerous to every tank.
It all comes down to who gets the first shot.

LOL, Israel cannot afford to allow any potential enemy tank to surpass them in 1v1 combat, so I'd be surprised if the Merkava isn't the best in the world. Yeah, on first-see first-kill, I'd have to favor the Merkava.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back