MBT: 1on1!!! Round 2/B - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which is better?
T-90 3 27.27%
Merkava Mk4 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 2nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

I think the most battle proven tanks are the T-72s. Proven to get their arses kicked silly and be the M-1A1's little *****.
LOL
October 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

true...but we never did get to see the T-72 operated the way it was meant, in huge noumbers by Russian well-trained crews....The Arabs, while being brave and fierce warriors, never did have modern training and solid command.
October 2nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yup that is true.
Maybe the USSR really was the only one who could operate these tanks in large numbers.
--
October 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, over 40000 MBTs, even old ones, could do a world of damage on any force, if their teams are decently trained...This seems off-toppic...
October 2nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Quantity is a quality all on its own.

Forgive me once will ya? lol
October 2nd, 2004  
rOk

The thing with Russians...everything else would be in huge numbers too, not just the tanks...

Sorry for OT.
October 2nd, 2004  
A Can of Man

Especially casualties! Every time the CHinese or the Russians show up they absolutely inflate the living daylights out of the casualty count.

On that note, if it wasn't a 1 vs 1, then I'd say the T-90 has a pretty good chance.
October 2nd, 2004  
rOk

Under 1000m every 120mm and above tank gun is mighty dangerous to every tank.
It all comes down to who gets the first shot.
October 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

LOL, Israel cannot afford to allow any potential enemy tank to surpass them in 1v1 combat, so I'd be surprised if the Merkava isn't the best in the world. Yeah, on first-see first-kill, I'd have to favor the Merkava.
October 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Alright, Merkava wins.