MBT: 1on1!!! Match 7 - Page 2

View Poll Results :Which is better?
T-84 2 16.67%
M1A2 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--

October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The assumption for all of these is that we have crews that are equally skilled and terrain is favoring neither combatant. How else can you decide which tank is better?
October 1st, 2004  
A Can of Man

That completely goes without saying.
A competent crew in an M-60 MBT can defeat a bunch of brainless baffoons sitting in an M-1A1. After shooting it about ten times or something like that lol
October 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I gotta see something at least that funny before I die, but ... not holding my breath or nuthin. Holy crap that would be SO FUNNY. A M60 pounding away ineffectually as the guys in the M1 try to figure out why they can't get it out of reverse and repeatedly smash into a cliff face. And then the lucky hit comes just as the M1 crew gets their tank to go forward!
--
October 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

This is off-toppic, But Im locking this soon(when the voting is over), so lets go wild...It wouldent take that many shots.... A 105mm shooting modern ammuntion can be leathal....Also note that the early M1 tanks had a 105mm....Also sometimes your M60 will look like this:

http://www.army-technology.com/contr...Sabra-II_2.jpg
or like this:
http://www.army-technology.com/contr.../SABRA-I_1.jpg

And than its a diffrent ball game...
October 1st, 2004  
A Can of Man

See how you can give a Tank a face lift and it's almost unrecognizable.
Reminds me of the points I made about the T-98

Well anyways the reason I said several hits is because there was an M-1A1 I think the Americans had to destroy because they couldn't get it out of the mud with any of their equipment and had to leave it behind.
It took multiple 120mm rounds to take out the tank. Eventually they got it out much later and then sent it back to the US where it was repaired and the same tank was rolling again.
I read that story from Armored Cav, by Tom Clancy. So it's a non fiction book. Fascinating stuff.
October 1st, 2004  
SHERMAN

Hmmm...Maybe they couldent comletely destroy it, but a single shot to the right place from a 120 firing modern ammo would injure the crew and rander the tankl inoperable... This tpic is locked, winner is the M1A2...