• Leo 2A6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M1A2 Abrams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
godofthunder9010 said:
This makes the third contest in a row that the Abrams went head to head with a tank that could arguably be better than it. I think the consensus is pretty clear on one thing: Challenger, Merkava, M1a2, and Leopard2a6 are probably the best 4 tanks in the world. Deciding what order they rate in is tricky. Personally, I think the Leopard is slightly superior to the M1 in everything but ammo ... a very big matter indeed.

I agree with your opinion. At this level the training of the tank crews and the tactics they use will probably be the decisive factor. There isn't really a lot to separate these 4 tank designs. One thing that seems to be overlooked is the mine protection that the Leo 2 A6 offers - I'm not sure if this is offered on any other tank design. Some have argued that the location of the ammunition on the Leo 2 is a weak spot but I'm sure that the Leo tank designers were aware of this. Whatever. If I were a tank commander I'd be very happy to be in any of these 4 tank designs and would expect to come out alive in any engagement with any other tank currently in service.

Merkava Mk4 has underside protection that is the result of two merkava mk3 tanks being taken out by 100kg explosive charges....I think it should do well with mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back