MB2 hires Slugger Labbe

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
MB2 Motorsports announced that crew chief Richard "Slugger" Labbe has joined the NASCAR racing organization and will play a key role in the company's expansion for 2007. Labbe's specific position with MB2 will be announced at a later date. His immediate role is to work with the organization's Nextel Cup teams -- the #01 Chevy driven by Joe Nemechek and the #14 Chevy driven by Sterling Marlin. Labbe, who previously worked as a [#38] crew chief for Robert Yates Racing, Evernham Motorsports #19] and DEI [#15], will join the MB2 teams at this weekend's Nextel Cup race in Bristol. "The hiring of Slugger is the first phase of our expansion program for 2007," said MB2's CEO and general manager Jay Frye. "Slugger is a talented crew chief and when the opportunity became available to hire him we jumped on it. We recently shored up our organization when Bobby Ginn purchased majority interest in MB2, Bobby is committed to growing our program and making our teams better."
Labbe, a 38-year-old native of Saco, Maine, said, "I am excited to join MB2 Motorsports. The company has a good vision on what's going to happen in the coming years. I hope my knowledge in the Nextel Cup field will help the organization. This is a great opportunity and I am looking forward to getting started." One of Labbe's biggest wins as a crew chief was the 2003 Daytona 500 with driver Michael Waltrip.(MB2 Motorsports PR)

Back