Mayfield to race this weekend at...Hickory

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Jeremy Mayfield, former #19 Evernham Motorsports driver [and probable Bill Davis Racing driver soon] headlines several key players that will compete in the "Over the Mountain 150" on Sunday. Mayfield, a native of Owensboro, KY, and former ARCA Series Rookie of the Year, has competed in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series since 1993. "I just want to race," said Mayfield. "I'll be at Bristol (Motor Speedway) on Friday to appear on Trackside Live on SPEED Channel and make an announcement about my Cup career. Then, I'm heading over to Hickory Motor Speedway to have some fun and hopefully run real well in the PASS South Super Late Model race on Sunday. The Whorffs are giving me a great car and I'm even going to have my brand new Nextel Cup Series number on it for this weekend. I'm just real excited because Super Late Models are what I grew up with." Mayfield will compete in a car furnished by Whorff Motorsports and Bill and Jeremie Whorff, the father and son combination that finished one-two in this year's running of the prestigious Oxford 250 at Oxford-Plains Speedway (ME). Jeremie will now make the long trip down from Maine to race at Hickory on Sunday. Hickory-native Andy Houston will also make his PASS South debut during the "Over the Mountain 150." Houston is a veteran of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, where he scored three career wins. Houston, the son of legendary Busch Driver Tommy Houston, was the Hickory Motor Speedway Late Model track champion in 1994 and has spent time in both the Nextel Cup and Busch Series. Speed Channel's Bob Dillner will also return to the driver's seat, but not behind the wheel of a PASS South Super Late Model. Instead, Dillner will pilot a car in the Redneck Racing Series. Dillner will race the #51 in the Chris James Foundation 25. Dillner was battling for the lead in the inaugural event in April before his engine erupted in flames.(Pass South Site)

Back