I may be in...

TheSunsetSniper

I'm going to take my physical in a week. With any luck i can convince my mom to let me join the Gaurd and go to Basic this summer, then after high school go to AIT and switch to active. If you can't tell i'm excited to get a jump on my career. People tell me that the Army is what i make of it... what i take from it. Well, i plan to take everything i can.

exactly

I left Active duty a few months ago and had a luncheon. Part of my speech was just that "The Army is what you make of it." And I was saying this to guys younger and older, who are still in. People just don't take advantage of it. Part of the reason is they don't know anyone whos been there, done that (that was my case). If you find a good mentor, be thankful and take the advice. Ignore all the negativity and you'll be so much happier.

There are people driving food trucks around the base getting paid $8/hour after serving 15-20 years. All because they didn't take that simple line to heart, the Army is what you make of it, they made nothing. What will you make?

TheSunsetSniper said:
Army is what i make of it... what i take from it. Well, i plan to take everything i can.

Very good! :D
I belive this is the truth in most countries armed forces.

Back