Master's Champ

sandwichery

Don't know how many golfers we have around here, but I had to post this tribute to the latest Master's Champion.
Jordan Spieth just won one of the biggest golf tournaments on the planet. The thing that has many people talking is that he is only 21 years old so there is really no way to tell how many more times he will put on that green jacket.
The comparisons with Tiger Woods are coming fast and furious. The thing that I really welcome is that Spieth has the potential to become a truly great golfer without the arrogance of Tiger. Immediately after hugging his parents after his victory his Dad told him to go back out and thank all the people who had gathered around the final hole. Don't know if Ed Woods (Tiger's Dad).

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/gol...sters_tournament_latestnews_position_1_link_1

So they think he will become a womaniser and be chased out of his house by his wife with a golf club?

I play golf "sort of" and I enjoy it sometimes and others it is just frustrating.

Anyway good on him for reaching the pinnicle of what he does, we are constantly bombarded with Lydia Ko stories when she made it to number 1 in the world so I expect we will be hearing a lot more about this guy.

This kid is the polar opposite our boy Tiger. Well grounded and respectful of others. Here's hoping that he and Rory have some battles and make the sport proud.

Back