Master and Commander (the movie)

What do you think of Master and Commander?

• Great Movie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Movie

• Bad Movie

• Never Saw it

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

My wife and I disagree 100% on this one. I always buy movies I can watch over and over. Everytime I watch this one, she says "it sucks."

Well, what do people think of Master and Commander?

I liked it and I thought it was good.

blowkissplus.gif
Serenity

I really liked it because of the amount of history it covered. If there were more battle scenes, I think it would have been a more popular movie. To the non history loving folk, it made for a boring movie. If you pay close attention, the movie gave you a first hand look at life on a ship.

Just think that some ships were out at sea for well over 2 years. I do not think I could have handled life under such conditions unless I was an officer.

this movie kicks azz,its the best movie with rusell crowe i have ever seen,movie is really great,and i recommend it to everyone

Cheers

If you like Naval history especially age of sail history it's great. If not it's still okay.

I liked it but didn't think it was the great movie it was made out to be. You're right, Doody, if there had been more action it would've been more interesting. You're also right that it covered alot of history. Guess that kinda shows what we expect from movies huh?

I think it was a nice glimpse into the ancient world of exploration. The discovery of fascinating animals, navigating the vastness of the seas (to which we now compare with exploration to space).
However, I felt more people needed to die of disease etc. to really let it be a representation of the past in accuracy.

I liked it, and so did my JROTC battalion when our SAI showed it to us in class. I'm really into history, and the humor that Russell Crowe showed was great. I love puns.

KC72 said:
great film but in the book the enemy ship was actually american

that would make sense since the American Navy consisted of mostly a few superbly built 44 gun frigates. The ship in the movie was suposebly built in Boston. I wonder why Hollywood changed the nationality of the ship to French? Maybe it is not politically correct to have a British ship wip an American one :shock: . As history goes, the USS Constitution captured and burned the HMS Java off the cost of Brazil in December 1812.

Charge 7 said:
I liked it but didn't think it was the great movie it was made out to be. You're right, Doody, if there had been more action it would've been more interesting. You're also right that it covered alot of history. Guess that kinda shows what we expect from movies huh?

It seems we all crave action. Another movie that is like Master and Commander is the Last Samurai. It was another long movie that a wealth of history with a few great battle scenes.

I liked Master and Commander. I thought it was better than The Last Samurai. Cause he was with the Japanese what like two years when he learned the ways of the Samurai? Usually it takes decades for someone to learn the ways of a Samurai.

TERRIFIC MOVIE! Some of the parts were a 6 out of 10 on the gory side, but nothing awful. the suicide was kind of interesting...

Doody said:
My wife and I disagree 100% on this one. I always buy movies I can watch over and over. Everytime I watch this one, she says "it sucks."

Well, what do people think of Master and Commander?

I'd have to agree with your wife. Haha.
I actually thought it was OK, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

Back