Master and Commander (the movie) - Page 2

View Poll Results :What do you think of Master and Commander?
Great Movie 5 29.41%
Good Movie 4 23.53%
OK movie 6 35.29%
Bad Movie 2 11.76%
Never Saw it 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

March 6th, 2005  
chewie_nz

god i hate russel crowe

just reminded me of the south park episode the had "russel crowe fighting round the world"
March 6th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
great film but in the book the enemy ship was actually american
that would make sense since the American Navy consisted of mostly a few superbly built 44 gun frigates. The ship in the movie was suposebly built in Boston. I wonder why Hollywood changed the nationality of the ship to French? Maybe it is not politically correct to have a British ship wip an American one . As history goes, the USS Constitution captured and burned the HMS Java off the cost of Brazil in December 1812.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge 7
I liked it but didn't think it was the great movie it was made out to be. You're right, Doody, if there had been more action it would've been more interesting. You're also right that it covered alot of history. Guess that kinda shows what we expect from movies huh?
It seems we all crave action. Another movie that is like Master and Commander is the Last Samurai. It was another long movie that a wealth of history with a few great battle scenes.
March 6th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I liked Master and Commander. I thought it was better than The Last Samurai. Cause he was with the Japanese what like two years when he learned the ways of the Samurai? Usually it takes decades for someone to learn the ways of a Samurai.
--
Boots
March 7th, 2005  
Missileer

I like any movie set in the days of wooden ships and iron men. I gave it an O.K.
March 8th, 2005  
The Other Guy

TERRIFIC MOVIE! Some of the parts were a 6 out of 10 on the gory side, but nothing awful. the suicide was kind of interesting...
March 29th, 2005  
Skinny

Topic: Re: Master and Commander (the movie)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
My wife and I disagree 100% on this one. I always buy movies I can watch over and over. Everytime I watch this one, she says "it sucks."

Well, what do people think of Master and Commander?
I'd have to agree with your wife. Haha.
I actually thought it was OK, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.