Martial Law in US Cities?

rocky71

Martial Law in US Cities?

VOLTAIRE NETWORK | 9 AUGUST 2011

A senior Iranian commander said that the US plans massive deployments of police forces in major cities fearing the eruption of popular protests similar to the recent developments in the Middle East, the Arab world and the European countries.

The Deputy Head of Iran’s Armed Forces Joint Chiefs of Staff Brigadier General Massoud Jazayeri described the deployment of US police forces in cities as “military rule,” which basically aims at a quick crackdown on political unrest in the country under a “threadbare” pretext of preventing terror attacks in the US.

He noted how incumbent US President Barack Obama has followed in the path of his predecessor, George W. Bush, in inflicting huge costs on US taxpayers through the continuation of the Bush-era war policies.

Difficult living conditions, unemployment, an increasing suicide rate among US troops and the Americans’ inability to pay off their mortgages are among other hardships the Obama administration has brought about for the people in the United States, Jazayeri added.

Moreover, he indicated, the United States is facing the formation of opposition hubs in Europe that are against the expansionist policies of Washington.

“The creation of these hubs indicates that the intellectuals and the people in Europe no more want to bear the costs of the US’s colonial and arrogant policies, which are the main reasons behind the Europeans’ current troubles,” Jazayeri said on Tuesday, IRNA reported.

“The American society is currently paying, more than any other time, the price of the strategic mistakes of the unwise and egotistical rulers of their country made in such issues as extra-regional warmongering [policies] in Afghanistan and Iraq…”, he added.

Source: PressTV

1.In the wake of civil disturbances in the UK, there have been reports appearing here and there that the US Govt has updated contingencies to bring under martial law any city experiencing such a situation. That report above is from the Before In News. In other reports elsewhere there are maps showing zoning around various cities giving names and details of the military officers to be placed in charge. Most of them are Cols.

2. The disturbances in the UK, economic turmoil in S Europe, near collapse of the Japanese economy, the domino effect of the Arab Uprising not only in Arab and Muslim nations but also in India along with US's own economic ailment must be of serious concern to the US administration. It must also be so to the entire world because America sits at the head of human civilization. Should America weaken or collapse within then all systems among nations of the world will collapse giving rise to massive anarchy.

I just find the whole thing interesting considering my unit is the NGRF for the portion of the country that I live in. You would think I would hear something about this considering we would be the ones enforcing martial law.......

Are you making this **** up yourself or is the Iranian cartoon show actually spouting this garbage? When your whole AO wreaks of **** I guess you have to try to place the spotlight somewhere.....

1.Actually Iranians seem to have picked up the news from US media. One, Before In News has been providing details of troops deployment.

2. Martial law is very much within the system. When there is a necessity this is imposed in public interest to protect life and property. I remember Eisenhower declaring ML in a US state.

3. BTW, you wouldn't know about this even if you were the commander of a zone till the specific orders came to open a certain Top Secret envelope. Once the envelop is read by the commander he knows what he is to do.

It's seems to me there is a certian crowd in the U.S. that always like to immediately claim that with every minor act of society enforcing the guidlines that have been in place for decades , some for centuries, that acording to said people we are all a mere moments away from all of us from having to pick jackboots out of our teeth.

2. Martial law is very much within the system. When there is a necessity this is imposed in public interest to protect life and property. I remember Eisenhower declaring ML in a US state.

3. BTW, you wouldn't know about this even if you were the commander of a zone till the specific orders came to open a certain Top Secret envelope. Once the envelop is read by the commander he knows what he is to do.[/QUOTE]

It may be true that Big Z may not know of ML contingencies plans (I don’t know what his rank or position in the Guard is) but I can’t agree that the Zone Commander wouldn’t know of the plans and therefore his staff would also be aware of them, as well as the people who actually write the plans and keep them current.

I’ve served in US Army staff positions from Battalion to Army level - we had contingencies for everything(or at least we tried), some more elaborate than others. Years ago I saw plans to close the US-Mexico border and I’m sure Mexico and Canada have their own plans for dealing with emergencies.

We also have plans for using military NBC teams if these weapons are used against us. A while back some reporter tried to make the case that these plans were an attempt by the military to take over the country.

Simply having contingency plans doesn’t imply the plans are actually going to be implemented. I believe having plans means somebody is actually thinking ahead instead of just re-acting.

3. BTW, you wouldn't know about this even if you were the commander of a zone till the specific orders came to open a certain Top Secret envelope. Once the envelop is read by the commander he knows what he is to do.

It may be true that Big Z may not know of ML contingencies plans (I don’t know what his rank or position in the Guard is) but I can’t agree that the Zone Commander wouldn’t know of the plans and therefore his staff would also be aware of them, as well as the people who actually write the plans and keep them current.

I’ve served in US Army staff positions from Battalion to Army level - we had contingencies for everything(or at least we tried), some more elaborate than others. Years ago I saw plans to close the US-Mexico border and I’m sure Mexico and Canada have their own plans for dealing with emergencies.

We also have plans for using military NBC teams if these weapons are used against us. A while back some reporter tried to make the case that these plans were an attempt by the military to take over the country.

Simply having contingency plans doesn’t imply the plans are actually going to be implemented. I believe having plans means somebody is actually thinking ahead instead of just re-acting.

I think you missed what I was saying. NGRF are the guys who enact martial law. We are trained on everything from NBC, Terrorist, and civil responses. What buildings to secure, how to secure them, how to deal with the civil population and how to work with local law enforcement. I am part of the contingency plan.

The point is Iran is stirring up **** to take the limelight off of them. I would take factual information from the Cartoon network before I would the Iranian ministries. They got their feelings hurt by the West on how their own civil responses were so they are pointing fingers at the UK on their own riots and dragging the US into it.

Last edited:
I just find the whole thing interesting considering my unit is the NGRF for the portion of the country that I live in. You would think I would hear something about this considering we would be the ones enforcing martial law.......

Are you making this **** up yourself or is the Iranian cartoon show actually spouting this garbage? When your whole AO wreaks of **** I guess you have to try to place the spotlight somewhere.....

While I cant find this particular article I think the general tone of the website would indicate that it is not too concerned with accuracy but at least I know where 5-56 gets most of his material now...

http://www.presstv.ir/section/3510203.html

Simply having contingency plans doesn’t imply the plans are actually going to be implemented. I believe having plans means somebody is actually thinking ahead instead of just re-acting.[/QUOTE]

1. It may interest you to know that I have also done ML duties first in Pakistan and later in Bangladesh. But this thread is not about that. Nor is it about US military's preparedness to undertake NBC warfare/response.

2. I have picked up a news which I thought would be interesting - particularly to American posters. To me it did not seem incredulous coming as it did when UK was in turmoil. Anyway, this is all about preparedness; and nations do prepare themselves for all eventualities. After all ML is a system specified in the system if the system itself fails to cope with a situation.

Disregard everything that comes out of Iran. But if you want to freak yourself out, look up the New World Order conspiracy theory.

Back