to marry or not to marry? HELP!!

sjameson

Hi,
My name is Samantha Jameson, i am a 19 year old college student. I met my boyfriend at the begining of this year and we have been together ever since. We are very much in love and our best friends. He is leaving for basic in september and then he will be traveling around. He has asked me to marry him... i do love him, although i am hesitant due to my young age (he is 23) and the stress of moving around every couple of months, living alone on an army base by myself, and of course the financial burden of being a young married couple in love. Please give me any stories, advise, or thoughts. i am at a total loss here.

sjameson said:
Hi,
My name is Samantha Jameson, i am a 19 year old college student. I met my boyfriend at the begining of this year and we have been together ever since. We are very much in love and our best friends. He is leaving for basic in september and then he will be traveling around. He has asked me to marry him... i do love him, although i am hesitant due to my young age (he is 23) and the stress of moving around every couple of months, living alone on an army base by myself, and of course the financial burden of being a young married couple in love. Please give me any stories, advise, or thoughts. i am at a total loss here.

Well, My advice would be to wait to get married. You two haven't known eachother that long yet and it's best to wait to see how both of you will get along together. I am happy to hear that you two seem so in love. But sit down and talk about it and let him know how you feel. I think you two will solve it perfectly well. I think he will understand how you feel and nothing can come between love itself. But then again, you should wait and see what other people think about it, it can help you to get a wider point of view of the siutation you are in. But do sit down and talk with him about how you feel, that's the best advice I can give.

Sooners has a point... it looks like you want to be married, but arent ready for the responsiblities. I think you should wait, until you feel comfortable with your decision.

Well to fill the marryge consulting team i must say that you should decide when and where,ok for girlfriend bud marryge too big for us

If you doubt marrying so much that you're asking complete strangers for advice, don't do it. Be sure before you take that step. Sure about you, about him and about spending the rest of your life with him.
my 2 cents.

Honestly i dont have that much experiance and you and no one else can help you if you really love him and wouldn't mind moving then go for it but as i said only you can make the choice also remember that if you do this it's a big cominmant and if you can do that then again go for it it's your choice. ;)

There are many benifits to getting married, just because your boyfriend is in the military. You will receive medical benifits that are unparalled to the civilan world. In the military you guys will have an opportunity to see the world, you will also have the chance to member of a great family. But only you yourself can decide if you want to get married because you are the one that has to live with the decision. You have to search your own heart and soul and decide if you want to make the commintment to a bond that can not be broken becaue it is in the presence of god. Hopefully this helps and makes sense.

Ask Dr. Phil? :)

On a site note:

When you are dating..... Farting is never an issue.
When you are married ....You make sure there's nothing flammable near your husband at all times.
When you are dating..... He takes you out to have a good time.
When you are married ....He brings home a 6 pack, and says "What are you going to drink?"
When you are dating..... He holds your hand in public.
When you are married ....He flicks your ear in public.
When you are dating..... A Single bed for 2 isn't THAT bad.
When you are married ....A King size bed feels like an army cot.
When you are dating..... You are turned on at the sight of him naked.
When you are married ....You think to yourself "Was he ALWAYS this hairy????"
When you are dating..... You enjoyed foreplay.
When you are married ....You tell him "If we have sex, will you leave me alone???"
When you are dating..... He hugs you, when he walks by you for no reason.
When you are married ....He grabs your boob any chance he gets.
When you are dating..... You picture the two of you together, growing old together.
When you are married ....You wonder who will die first.
When you are dating..... Just looking at him makes you feel all "mushy."
When you are married ....When you look at him, you want to claw his eyes out.
When you are dating..... He knows what the "hamper" is.
When you are married ....The floor will suffice as a dirty clothes storage area.
When you are dating..... He understands if you "Aren't in the mood."
When you are married ....He says "It's your job."
When you are dating..... He understands that you have "male" friends.
When you are married ....He thinks they are all out to steal you away.
When you are dating..... He likes to "discuss" things.
When you are married ....He develops a "blank" stare.
When you are dating..... He calls you by name.
When you are married ....He calls you "Hey" and refers to you when speaking to others as "She."

:rambo:

Sorry for not taking this seriously, I hope you'll make the right decision.

do what you think

do what you think is right don't rush into anything date each other for awhile then ask him to move in with you as roommates and see were it goes from there

I must tell you that marriage is something serious and you should really think about it. I was in a simular situation and now i am divorced. I know a mans advice isn't what most people are looking for but mine is do what you think is is right and remember men are deceiving and mean and usually after marriage become worthless. I thin you should let the newness of the relationship wear off and then see where the 2 of you stand after that. I jumped into marriage with the thoughts of a family and a happy life but i was mistaken i was too young to make a life decision like that i was 19 years old and she was 27 i made a mistake that i am now paying 1200 dollars a month for.

Marriage is the rest of your life. You have the rest of your life to make the decision. You never want to go into it thinking, What might have been... would I want that more... You want to know that everything is everything you thought it would be.

I'm just wondering if this person that posted this thread is coming back here........

That being said.... yeah...... perhaps waiting is a good idea!

Back