Marion Military Institute.

MMI

OK, Im a junior, 16 years old. Im starting to look at colleges, and I was thinking...Here's the plan, I go to MMI for two years, grab my early commision as a 2Lt, then go to BAMA for my junior and senior year. Anyone like it, or any naysayers? I need some information on Marion. I was looking for anyone who has been...

I am very impressed with MMI academically. They have the largest number of SAP (Service Academy Prep) Cadets than any military junior college. Its cadet corps is composed solely of Junior College Cadets (the last of their dually enrolled cadets finish this year or last), whereas GMC, NMMI, Wentworth, and Valley Forge are HS and JC cadets. MMI has done this while increasing the size of the Cadet Corps.

I just graduated.. from NMMI... school's enrollment and discipline is in bad shape right now at NMMI but still a great school for education and its what u make out of it, i got more discipline and great friends out of it!!! yeah new superintendent, Major General Grizzley (USARNG Ret.) ! Seems like he will turn the school around hopefully.

NMMI is a resident military school. How does someone from out-of-state become an SMP? Don't they have to enlist in NMArNG and complete Basic and AIT?

I went to NMMI and I was an SMP cadet.

I had to enlist into NMARNG and sign an SMP contract. they give u shipping date for basic after ur physical and swear ins. ur SMP contract that u sign after this before basic will get u out of basic and u will be a SMP cadet getting instate tution and u can get the FTA which pays for tuition..

IN-State tuition is 685 and out is around 3 grand (includes fixed fees).. if u get the other scholarship, u can stay out of state and let ur schoarlship pay for ur 3 grand tuition.

good thing about SMP is that it adds time in service so you will be a 2LT with 2 years in service when u commission if u enlisted may and went to basic as INF (so it ends by starting of NMMI) or u can go in as spring transfer and get bonus...

oh and starting from my MS3s.. they will be getting a $5,000 bonus for attending Leader's Training Course (which counts as basic so u can become an MS3 for the 2 year program) and contracting into the ROTC Program.. so all the MS4s got jipped and we were all pissed.... yeah im still pissed.. so unfair.. should be a bonus for commissioning not for contracting... <___<

and theres a good program to pay for ur next college the EAP only for ECP LTs like us.. this started few years back I think and it will pay for ur next 2 years.. every 1 year u take it, it adds 1 year to Active Duty. It gives full tuition (no limitation on tuition so my USC tuition of 35k is covered) or UPTO 10k for room and board.

well if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, I just commissioned! program last year was harder with a different PMS, started with 75ish and we had 15 commission. Our MS3s started with 70 something and now we have 45-ish so they are doing way better as we had 27 going to LDAC and 6 of them commission december (december grads is for ppl who go basic instead of LTC and do it in 2 years but ur a MS3 for 1.5 years)..

enjoy and i hope u guys make this great decision! I do not regret it at all even if 'ECP's are looked down upon apparently but we prove ppl wrong!

Back