Marines question

-Morgan-

At 18 I'm going to join the Marine Corps. Is there any part of the Marines that see more battle than usual. I talked to a former Sergeant. He said he was in 'Force Recon'. He was enlisted from 89' to 91' so things might be different now. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Created a separate thread for you and moved the post here. Should get more answers this way than tagging along on someone else's thread.

Simply being a grunt in the Corps will most definitely get you into some action.

"More battle than usual" that's funny...you'll get it after you've been shot at a few times.

Let me just tell you this, don't think you're going to join the Corps and join the unit that kicks all the ass and takes all the names. Join, go to whatever unit they assign you to, and do the best at your job you can possibly do. If you have this idea that combat is cool and awsome and that you're going to be a hard badass, then get that crap outta your head NOW. Just do what you're told and the rest will come.TRUST ME, when the **** hits the fan, you're whole world will turn upside down and any previous illusions about the matter will quickly fade with the reality that this is no video game and that losing a battle out there means you and your buddies come home to mommy in a body bag.

Just me but given the orginal post and the details I think the poster has some kind of agenda.......so one word answers are probably best.

At 18 I'm going to join the Marine Corps. Is there any part of the Marines that see more battle than usual. I talked to a former Sergeant. He said he was in 'Force Recon'. He was enlisted from 89' to 91' so things might be different now. Anyone care to enlighten me?

What a strange and stupid question.

Back