for the Marines here....

rotc boy

this is a question for the Marines...
I was talking to an army recruiter after taking the asvab today and i told him that i wanted to go into USMC infantrym and he said that if i did go infantry in Marines it wasnt assured that i would get infantry, but if i went into army i would definitely get infantry. Is this true?

If your contracted is for Infantry 03xx field you will get an Infantry MOS.

If you have a Combat Option Contract then you get sent to Infantry, Artillery, Tanks or Trac's. That will be at the pleasure of the Corps. Combat Option only gets you a guarenteed Combat Arms MOS.

You also have to remember an Army Recruiter told you that. He's fishing the same pond hoping you'll say "Well Screw That!" and he can have his shot at you. Thats the game. No harm no foul. He probably couldn't off the top of his head tell you what the 0300 field was.

Get the straight scoop go to the Marine Recruiter and then make your choices.

I love the Marines, and that's where I'm headed no matter what, but aren't the Marine Recruters going to feed you a little BS to get you to sign on the dotted line, just like the Army?
Hopeful

id be lying if they told you everything strait up w/o bending the truth even a little bit. if you ask them about any other service we will tell you they suck, but if you want to join the USMC then you would join w/ or w/o someone feeding you information that you are so scepticle to believe.

Marine Infantry

this is for ROTCboy, hey man in the marines if you have a certain job put on your contract you will get that job but like u were told by 03 if you go open contract you are subject to the needs of the marine corps. :rambo: :sniper: :drill: :biggun: :m16shoot:

Don't be surprised if you got something else entirely though.
I signed up as infantry, got in as infantry, then was assigned the NBC MOS at boot. Anything can happen.

Back