Marines getting the Shaft?

they do have there own millitary academy its in Harlington Texas or somewhere near the mexico border

Marines are part of the department of the Navy, the US Naval Academy is the Marine academy too.....

There is NOT a academy in TX for the Marines.

The marine's do get the shaft for their own ROTC branch though. It's only NROTC with marine option.

Well really its a HIGH SCHOOL Academy is called Marine Millitary Academny. 8th-12 look at the website if you want.

Joe252 said:
Well really its a HIGH SCHOOL Academy is called Marine Millitary Academny. 8th-12 look at the website if you want.

High School Academy yes, US Military Academy no......it is essentially the same as St John's Military Academy near me. They cost about the same $20K per year, no government support.

The marines are an essential part of the navy, and they do not need an academy since most do not go to annapolis on the idea of becoming marines.

Most officers in the Marines come from NROTC w/marine option or OCS

Marines are part of the Navy. They are with the department of the Navy, they don't even have their own medics, the Navy takes care of that in the form of the Corpsman.

USAOwnz said:
Marines are part of the Navy. They are with the department of the Navy, they don't even have their own medics, the Navy takes care of that in the form of the Corpsman.

lol ijust read that in a book today

I find it interesting you say that most don't go to Annapolis to become Marines. Our Commander, First Sargeant in USMC (ret.), joined the army. His brother went to West Point. At the end of his brother's graduation at West Point, the USMC came to the graduating class and say "We need volunteers for the USMC. All interested come over here.'' And they took 16% of the graduating class. If not enough people volunteered they chose random. So, I find it interesting you say that about the Navy.

And I believe, from what I've seen, the USMC has their own ROTC. It's called MCJROTC. There website is posted in the forum title "How to get JROTC in my school" or something to that effect.

cullion said:
I find it interesting you say that most don't go to Annapolis to become Marines. Our Commander, First Sargeant in USMC (ret.), joined the army. His brother went to West Point. At the end of his brother's graduation at West Point, the USMC came to the graduating class and say "We need volunteers for the USMC. All interested come over here.'' And they took 16% of the graduating class. If not enough people volunteered they chose random. So, I find it interesting you say that about the Navy.

And I believe, from what I've seen, the USMC has their own ROTC. It's called MCJROTC. There website is posted in the forum title "How to get JROTC in my school" or something to that effect.
They have their own JROTC, not ROTC, I believe they go to NROTC. Correct me if I am wrong.

naval academy is an option for a marine to become an officer but only like 10 or 15% of ur graduating class becomes marine officer all ur three years in naval academy ur a navy guy then ur fourth year is when u say if u want to become an officer in the marines or navy but if u say marines u have to be like he top 10 or 15%
ROTC is for people who are in collge i believe and JROTC is for kids in high school who take ROTC so its junior ROTC

CadetEnsignAraque said:
naval academy is an option for a marine to become an officer but only like 10 or 15% of ur graduating class becomes marine officer all ur three years in naval academy ur a navy guy then ur fourth year is when u say if u want to become an officer in the marines or navy but if u say marines u have to be like he top 10 or 15%
ROTC is for people who are in collge i believe and JROTC is for kids in high school who take ROTC so its junior ROTC

thank you

Back