Marines in Fallujah

jedi078 said:
and how pisssed you think the other Marines would be if the Combat journalist(sp?) kept taking pics and didn't shoot back? As a squad leader I certinly(sp) would not take him out on a patrol with me again.

It's not a Combat Journalists' job to fire back at the enemy. They're paid to report the war, not fight it. That's why they aren't issued weapons. Also, if you have seen the news, or read Swift Silent and Surrounded (or any book in that series), you will see that the Combat Journalists are well taken care of by our fighting men and women. Also the journalist (assuming you do become a squad leader and are sent to Iraq, and have a journalist embedded with your squad) is in the suck with you, if you watch his back, chances are good he'll watch yours; they'll probably want to get back home to their family like you.

Now you can't rule out the possibility of the Combat Journalist being a psychopath whose hell bent on tearing apart the lives of our fighting men and women, and their family’s. You know, people like Michael Crook would do things like that, but they’re too fanatical liberals to be able to pull it off. (Just throwing that senerio out for people to ponder, or possbily feed the sharks...)

Last edited:
C/2nd Lt Robot said:
It's not a Combat Journalists' job to fire back at the enemy. They're paid to report the war, not fight it. That's why they aren't issued weapons. Also, if you have seen the news, or read Swift Silent and Surrounded (or any book in that series), you will see that the Combat Journalists are well taken care of by our fighting men and women. Also the journalist (assuming you do become a squad leader and are sent to Iraq, and have a journalist embedded with your squad) is in the suck with you, if you watch his back, chances are good he'll watch yours; they'll probably want to get back home to their family like you.

Now you can't rule out the possibility of the Combat Journalist being a psychopath whose hell bent on tearing apart the lives of our fighting men and women, and their family’s. You know, people like Michael Crook would do things like that, but they’re too fanatical liberals to be able to pull it off. (Just throwing that senerio out for people to ponder, or possbily feed the sharks...)

I understand where you’re coming from but you’re talking about Civilian Journalist who may be imbedded with the squad/platoon. Also are they still allowing Civilian Journalist to be imbedded after the B.S. that occurred after a Marine shot an insurgent playing possum?

This video appears to be made by a Marine Combat Journalist (who I might is trained to be an rifleman as are ALL Marines).

Now like I said before if I had a Marine Combat Journalist in my unit who wanted to take pictures instead of shoot back (he would have an M-16) I would be pissed off because the Marine would be a Rifleman first and a Journalist second.

Back