Marines can get sent out to where???

drunkentyger

Ive been talking to some people and it turns out that almost everyone from every branch can get sent out to stations practically everywhere.... EXCEPT the marines! I hear that the only station in East Asia that the Marines can get sent out to is Japan.... this true? what about Korea, CHina, and all that good stuff?

I think I've seen US Marines in Korea but I think they don't have a major permanent base there. I think it's just small presence. The rest of the guys would be in Japan.

Embassies, we have embassies in many countries around the world, if you are lucky you can get on a detail that protects the Embassy in China or something, if that is what you want.

As far as I know, the Marines only have 4 permanent bases overseas. Puerto Rico, Japan, and a couple in the middle of the Pacific. Perhaps one of the Marines that are members here can tell you more.

But the Marines are also on the Navy ships, and they can travel to almost every major port in the world, if you want to see the world join the Navy, but remember, 70% of the world is covered in water. ;)

Damien435 said:
But the Marines are also on the Navy ships, and they can travel to almost every major port in the world, if you want to see the world join the Navy, but remember, 70% of the world is covered in water. ;)

Mod Edit: Watch your language and comments

The major Marine bases in the Pacific are in California, Hawaii, and Okinawa. Marines also serve as embassy guards, and guards at naval bases for nuclear weapons storage areas.

1st Marine Division - Camp Pendelton Ca/ 29 Palms Ca

2nd Marine Division- Camp Lejune NC

3rd Marine Division- Okinawa Japan

1st Marine Brigade- Kanhoe Bay Hawaii

Marine Security Guards- Embassies around the world

Marine Barracks- Naval Stations around the World.

Marine Ships Detachments - No longer exist folded into FAST.

Read it, Learn it, Live it.

Marines are stationed in the spots that make the most sense for rapid deployment to anywhere on the globe. We may not have a permanent station there but we will get there anyway.

You could probably list a handful of nations that are "hosts" to the Marines now (i.e. peace keeping forces in Haiti.)

What exactly are the Marine Barracks? I mean i understand guarding the ebassies and stuff... but what exactly are the barracks? I always thoght of them as like training grounds....

Certain U.S. Naval Stations have Marine Barracks that are responsible for the security of the Station.

Back