The Marines bike - M1030 M1.

Toyuzu

I have followed the development of the M1030 M1 with fascination. I am an avid motorcyclist, and with current fuel prices, this bike which is now going to be offered for sale in the civilian market should sell like hotcakes.

It's a diesel-powered bike based on the Kawasaki KLR 650. Hayes Diversified Technologies was contracted to engineer a diesel-powered motorcycle for the U.S. Marines, and some UK variants. The aim was to have all vehicles operate on the same fuel to make supply logistics simpler while in the field.

The resulting motorcycle achieves over 100 miles per gallon! I would love to ride one, and would consider buying one new. Do any of you have personal experience or knowledge about them?

Here's HDT's website if anyone wants to take a look: http://www.dieselmotorcycles.com/

Whispering Death said:
What is the practical aplication for this?

quick, economical transportation for one man. Possibly carying small items between commanders in the field, etc. Ask the Marines. ;)

For me, the practical application would be very economical commuting, and the ability to explore backroads for days on end without the need to re-fuel.

And charge 7 - Kermit does too ride. I saw him once on the back of a Kawasaki ZX-10. 8) I took a pic too, but I can't seem to get it to work here.
:?

Back