Marine Swimming PT

?

i think they take u to a pool a couple of times with your pack and you have to swim across a pool with the pack to pass the swimming PT.

Not just swim, they also have you do buddy drags, and some other stuff, your partner will be dead in the water and you will have to get him to shore, and i don't know if they still do this but they used to tie your hands and feet behind your back then see how long you could stay up. They did that in WW2 i don't know if they still do it

When we were at Encampment we went to their combat pool and they had us do the Marine Swim qualification. If I remember correctly it is swim 25 meters, Jump of the high dive (guess its called that) tread water for 4 mins, then swim 25 meters again.

Swim Qual

nulli secundus said:
When we were at Encampment we went to their combat pool and they had us do the Marine Swim qualification. If I remember correctly it is swim 25 meters, Jump of the high dive (guess its called that) tread water for 4 mins, then swim 25 meters again.

There are different levels of swim qual. You are close for S3, I would suggest you go to www.usmc.mil and find out the truth.

nulli secundus said:
well i'm just telling you what the Swimming Instructor told us at encampment.

And lil Hulk is just telling you where to get accurate information. Click the link and move out.

Though Ive never been or probably will never be a Marine, I had alot of swimming involved in my Instructor Course for Scuba. Mornings started at 5am with 12 laps. Then exercises, then we got to tread water for half an hour.

What fun!

Rocky_Raccoon said:
i dont see where it says about swim PT.... can someone just give me an answer instead of a website?

The military is interested in self starters, not those that would have others do the work for them. Search harder.

www.google.com Is also an excellent resource.

"With the logistical concerns out of the way, the screening process started off with a 25-meter underwater swim, a deep water rifle retrieval, a tower jump, a 30-minute water tread, a five-minute flotation with trousers and a timed 500-meter swim. After the pool portion of the screening was completed, the Marines jogged down to the red course to perform a physical fitness test." - is that right or is that just force recon?

This saturday at the deper program we are going to do Marine Corps swim qualifications, so i will tell what was required after i return from it.

Back