Marine Sniper Requirements?

OhzNoes

I'm 13 years old. I've been shooting small caliber rifles for the past 4 years now (.17, .22, etc). I know those are WAY different from what the military uses, but as I get a little older, I plan on saving up and getting myself a Remington 700 Rifle (Around 15 years old, having parents buy for me, and practice with that.) I know being a sniper you have to have practically no remorse, and still be able to sleep at night. But I really want to serve, and this seems like the best/safest thing I actually would like to do. My dad, grandfather, etc. have all served, and I would also like to. I know it's nothing like Call of Duty. But do you have any suggestions? I have almost 20/20 vision, and I also plan on getting Lasik Eye Surgery before I am 17. I am not in "perfect" physical condition, but i'm working on that.. daily excersizing and running. Just this past weekend I went camping, took out the good ol' .17 rifle, found a nice rock quarry. While I was there I set up a pop bottle, took the cap and set it standing up on the lip of the bottle. I hiked about 200 yards away up on a hill. I took a rock, made a little rest and took the top right off the bottle (first shot/bolt action .17 rifle) I'm not asking to be lectured, and told about how bad it is to kill someone, I just want any tips on what I can do to increase/how to get to the position where I can be a MARINE sniper.

Thanks in advance.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT get Lasik!!! 17 is too early (your eye will still be developing) and it is in many cases a disqualifier for certain career fields. Wait until you talk to a recruiter at the very least.

dont!

hey man, do not get eye stuff done just wait! im 17 now almost 18 about to graduate i skipped a grade and imma join marines and i wanna be a sniper train every day work out eat healthy and ur eyes gradually get better i have 20-13 vision i have perfect eyes! u dont want surgury trust my mom did and it ruined her eyes. if u wanna train fro sniper and marines etc... just like i said train i work out every morning eat healthy foods and im built trust me ull get there over time! as for sniper school there are alot of requirements u know that we all know that! do sit ups every day time ur self if u dont like swimming u better start likeing it cuz its a requirement work on ur legs alot wile u swim and upper body when u work out switch off the 1st and 2nd week do only upper body stuff no legs and then 3 to 4 weeks to legs and keep repeating cycle and u will get in great shape! it worked for me and alot others! focus on school for now take extra classes focus on school not marines etc u have lots of time to think. i was just like you wen i was ur age i wanted to join right now! but u gotta wait! ull get there trust me good luck simper fi future devil dog!

??

had a question for u guys how do u have like a profile pic or something i dont know how to do all of it i just joined i see u guys got pics by ur names how do u make it like that i uploaded one photo already?:???:

hey man, do not get eye stuff done just wait! im 17 now almost 18 about to graduate i skipped a grade and imma join marines and i wanna be a sniper train every day work out eat healthy and ur eyes gradually get better i have 20-13 vision i have perfect eyes! u dont want surgury trust my mom did and it ruined her eyes. if u wanna train fro sniper and marines etc... just like i said train i work out every morning eat healthy foods and im built trust me ull get there over time! as for sniper school there are alot of requirements u know that we all know that! do sit ups every day time ur self if u dont like swimming u better start likeing it cuz its a requirement work on ur legs alot wile u swim and upper body when u work out switch off the 1st and 2nd week do only upper body stuff no legs and then 3 to 4 weeks to legs and keep repeating cycle and u will get in great shape! it worked for me and alot others! focus on school for now take extra classes focus on school not marines etc u have lots of time to think. i was just like you wen i was ur age i wanted to join right now! but u gotta wait! ull get there trust me good luck simper fi future devil dog!

Oh I dunno, how bout this mister I'ain't never been probably won't be. Read the rules of engagement for this area.

Since you won't I'LL BREAK IT DOWN.

If you have not got first hand or professional knowledge stay out of the advice giving game....period.

you lisson here buddy boy he was just a little advise and bye thye way u sound u sound like a little opanzy that prob couldnt make it throuh boot camp..... and as for u son im 15 two yrs younger and if ur going into the marines u have to stand up for ur self

Good way to make a name for yourself there ********. 03 is a former Marine, and you will find most people here have **** in square form. Like you said, you are 15, don't open it till you can control what comes out. And when you learn to spell....

you lisson here buddy boy he was just a little advise and bye thye way u sound u sound like a little opanzy that prob couldnt make it throuh boot camp..... and as for u son im 15 two yrs younger and if ur going into the marines u have to stand up for ur self

Kid, you.

A. Need a name change

B. Better learn who you are running your pie hole too.

I graduated recruit training before you were a glimmer in your daddy's eye and before your Mommy stopped reading Tiger Beat.

Son, before standing up for yourself, to be a Marine you gotta respect what a Marine Is! **** talks ain't getting you no where, so why don't you go out there, watch an episode of your favorite Disney Cartoons, make some pop corns and keep your mouth shut!
I don't know where you'll end up in 3 years from now, but if you end up at a Legion Training Center with that same attitude, I swear, we'll all have a wonderful day up then!

Yall need to back up off this cat, he's just a kid. We all said stupid crap and had fantasies of doing bad-ass stuff when we were younger. It's the nature of the beast just like PT in the morning :( LOL.

Now advice for the kid, I am no marine sniper but I am a US Army Sniper and let me tell you a few things.

1. Never give up on what you want.
2. Prepare for the suck, get through it, learn from it and as a result make yourself better through it.
3. Patience is a virtue. Snipers are specially selected. At least in the Army we are, I realize that Marine Scout Sniper is a specific MOS in the Marines and I can not give you advice on how to get there through their requirments. However, I can tell you to talk to a Marine recruiter on becoming one and I would imagine he would say something like this.

A. Become a Marine first.
B. Become Infantry next.
C. Outshine the others.
D. Out perform the others.
E. Actions speak louder than words.
F. Show you can follow before you can lead.
G. Bust your butt and do the right thing, no cutting corners.

4. Receiving training in these type of specialized skills take time and alot of sweat and heart ache. Don't be discouraged if you find yourself years in service without any Sniper school behind your belt. I finally got the chance to go after 7 years active duty infantry. Lots of sacrifice and pain on my part.

Good luck!:sniper:

Yall need to back up off this cat, he's just a kid. We all said stupid crap and had fantasies of doing bad-ass stuff when we were younger. It's the nature of the beast just like PT in the morning :( LOL.

Now advice for the kid, I am no marine sniper but I am a US Army Sniper and let me tell you a few things.

1. Never give up on what you want.
2. Prepare for the suck, get through it, learn from it and as a result make yourself better through it.
3. Patience is a virtue. Snipers are specially selected. At least in the Army we are, I realize that Marine Scout Sniper is a specific MOS in the Marines and I can not give you advice on how to get there through their requirments. However, I can tell you to talk to a Marine recruiter on becoming one and I would imagine he would say something like this.

A. Become a Marine first.
B. Become Infantry next.
C. Outshine the others.
D. Out perform the others.
E. Actions speak louder than words.
F. Show you can follow before you can lead.
G. Bust your butt and do the right thing, no cutting corners.

4. Receiving training in these type of specialized skills take time and alot of sweat and heart ache. Don't be discouraged if you find yourself years in service without any Sniper school behind your belt. I finally got the chance to go after 7 years active duty infantry. Lots of sacrifice and pain on my part.

Good luck!:sniper:

In reality it wasn't the one that asked the original question. It was the "advice" from persons with no back ground, training or experiance in the military or the S/S field.

Check your PM!

Now please carry on (topic), nothing more to see here... :cool:

Back