Marine Recruit

Marine recruit

I am a 17 y/o female and will be starting my senior year of high school in August. A marine recruiter contacted me a few days ago and we met two days ago to talk about me joining the marines and working with the DEP until I graduate high school and go to boot camp. However, I have many options option for colleges that have called from all across the country so I do not know whether I want to pursue my college dream or join the marines. I know the marines will pay for my college but if I sign for the marines (a very honorable thing to do) I want to be able to keep bringing honor to this specific branch. That being said I am over whelmed on what to do since I’ve wanted to be a marine since last year but I do not wanna dishonor the name Marine although I have the drive to do it! College is also a weighing option for me and I just need some advice or guidance that can help me figure things out.

I am not going to try and talk you out of a military career but I would take the educational opportunities first, there is nothing stopping you from joining up after you have completed college if that is the path you want to take.

In other words, you can do both, pursue your college dream and join the marines.

Last edited:
Back