Marine motor t

--

July 24th, 2004  
ItsTheJackster

Topic: Marine motor t

I'm joining the Marines and going into the 3500 occupational field and hoping to be a motor vehicle operator, but being a LVS operator or mechanic is fine. Anyway, is this your typical "9-5" job? Do vehicle operators go out in the field at all to practice convoys or anything? Thanks to anyone who has any input.
July 26th, 2004  
Sooners1

It would all pend upon the unit you are with about how much time you will be in the field.
July 26th, 2004  
ItsTheJackster

Thank you for your help.
--
July 27th, 2004  
RecruitWalterUSMC

I'm joining the Marines and my MOS is Motor T. I wanted to do something along the lines of MP but my GT score on the ASVAB wasn't high enough. Can soemone tell me if I'll have a better time Motor T than MP? My ship date is April 19 of 2005. I'm a female recruit and if there are any other females in the forum I would like to chat. Hey, all females go to Paris Island right? I can't wait to get in there and kick some ass
July 29th, 2004  
ItsTheJackster

RecruitWalter- I also wanted be an MP, but I'm not old enough so I chose Motor T. I'm also a female, but I leave on Jan. 18 2005 and I don't have the same attitude as you about PI hahaha. I'm scared as hell and afraid I'm gonna be a screw up and not graduate.
July 29th, 2004  
RecruitWalterUSMC

Jackster,
Yes, PI may not be fun because I hear about the type of land it is. I'm not too worried about not graduating and you shouldn't be either. The only thing you have to worry about is your mental status. If you're mentally unstable you will not be able to handle it. What they do is bring you down to the lowest point then at the end or closer to it they bring you to feel better than you ever have. It's going to be great. The thing is for me is, my entire life I've had someone in my face telling me what to do and yelling at me. So, I think I have that part down pretty good. I just have to get my push ups going. Trust me, you'll do fine.
July 29th, 2004  
Sooners1

I know there is a thread on this somewhere, but - boot camp is what you make of it. If you think you will not make it your DI's will be able to tell and will use that against you. Convince yourselves that it is all a game and do not, I repeat do not take anything personally. You will do fine, remember what you are doin it for, to be among the most elite fightin force and to have the privilege of bein a Marine.
July 29th, 2004  
ItsTheJackster

RecruitWalterUSMC- Hahaha, I'm not mentally unstable over here I'm fine. Same here, I don't think there's been a day in my life where I haven't gotten in trouble and my dad's the in your face type.....You can feel the spit all over your face as he's yelling, cussing you out and telling you how stupid you are so hopefully I've got that part down also. I also have to get my pushups going too. I can only do one single push up, but I do okay on the flexed arm hang (37 seconds). I've been working on my pushups 3 months before I joined and I still can't do well. Thanks for your positive thoughts, makes me feel better.

Sooners1- Thank you for your advice and hopefully I'll remember that during all the chaos.
July 29th, 2004  
RecruitWalterUSMC

You know that the whole spit part was the most gross thing in my entire life. Yea, was your dad a military guy too? My dad loves to make other people feel like crap. He was in the Air Force and Navy. Oh well, I know how to take it. My little brother is going to have some problems in boot cause he's one to smart off. You think that you do well at the arm hang? 37 seconds is more than well. You can be an outstanding Marine. That's excellent!!!! I can do the arm hang for about 48 seconds...... kidding. I can only do it for 15 seconds. Then again, I've never done any types of work out my entire life. When I joind recently I went to maybe 2 PT meetings and all of the pool functions but I barely have time to do anything outside of that. Either I don't have time or I'm not motivated enough. I don't like to run all by myself and my little brother wont run with me cause he thinks he only needs to do what they'll have him do at the pool functions and he's good to go.
July 30th, 2004  
ItsTheJackster

Nah my dad wasn't military, he just has a very short temper and he feeds off of misery also. lol sounds like your brother is in for a fun time when he gets to boot, but hey you never know maybe he'll just glide through without a problem. I dunno about the outstanding Marine part, but thanks for the positive words. I think there's more to a Marine than just the PFT. For the flexed arm hang I find that if my forearms are touching it makes the arm hang a hell of a lot easier than if they're held apart...Just a little advice. I haven't been to a pool function yet...What do you do during those? And I don't like running by myself either, but nobody else can keep up with me so I make my sister ride her bike along side me while I run maybe you can get your brother to do that.