Marine motor t

ItsTheJackster

I'm joining the Marines and going into the 3500 occupational field and hoping to be a motor vehicle operator, but being a LVS operator or mechanic is fine. Anyway, is this your typical "9-5" job? Do vehicle operators go out in the field at all to practice convoys or anything? Thanks to anyone who has any input.

I'm joining the Marines and my MOS is Motor T. I wanted to do something along the lines of MP but my GT score on the ASVAB wasn't high enough. Can soemone tell me if I'll have a better time Motor T than MP? My ship date is April 19 of 2005. I'm a female recruit and if there are any other females in the forum I would like to chat. Hey, all females go to Paris Island right? :twisted: I can't wait to get in there and kick some ass

RecruitWalter- I also wanted be an MP, but I'm not old enough so I chose Motor T. I'm also a female, but I leave on Jan. 18 2005 and I don't have the same attitude as you about PI hahaha. I'm scared as hell and afraid I'm gonna be a screw up and not graduate.

Jackster,
Yes, PI may not be fun because I hear about the type of land it is. I'm not too worried about not graduating and you shouldn't be either. The only thing you have to worry about is your mental status. If you're mentally unstable you will not be able to handle it. What they do is bring you down to the lowest point then at the end or closer to it they bring you to feel better than you ever have. It's going to be great. The thing is for me is, my entire life I've had someone in my face telling me what to do and yelling at me. So, I think I have that part down pretty good. I just have to get my push ups going. Trust me, you'll do fine. ;)

I know there is a thread on this somewhere, but - boot camp is what you make of it. If you think you will not make it your DI's will be able to tell and will use that against you. Convince yourselves that it is all a game and do not, I repeat do not take anything personally. You will do fine, remember what you are doin it for, to be among the most elite fightin force and to have the privilege of bein a Marine.

RecruitWalterUSMC- Hahaha, I'm not mentally unstable over here I'm fine. Same here, I don't think there's been a day in my life where I haven't gotten in trouble and my dad's the in your face type.....You can feel the spit all over your face as he's yelling, cussing you out and telling you how stupid you are so hopefully I've got that part down also. I also have to get my pushups going too. I can only do one single push up, but I do okay on the flexed arm hang (37 seconds). I've been working on my pushups 3 months before I joined and I still can't do well. Thanks for your positive thoughts, makes me feel better.

Sooners1- Thank you for your advice and hopefully I'll remember that during all the chaos.

You know that the whole spit part was the most gross thing in my entire life. Yea, was your dad a military guy too? My dad loves to make other people feel like crap. He was in the Air Force and Navy. Oh well, I know how to take it. My little brother is going to have some problems in boot cause he's one to smart off. You think that you do well at the arm hang? 37 seconds is more than well. You can be an outstanding Marine. That's excellent!!!! I can do the arm hang for about 48 seconds...... :lol: kidding. I can only do it for 15 seconds. Then again, I've never done any types of work out my entire life. When I joind recently I went to maybe 2 PT meetings and all of the pool functions but I barely have time to do anything outside of that. Either I don't have time or I'm not motivated enough. I don't like to run all by myself and my little brother wont run with me cause he thinks he only needs to do what they'll have him do at the pool functions and he's good to go.

Nah my dad wasn't military, he just has a very short temper and he feeds off of misery also. lol sounds like your brother is in for a fun time when he gets to boot, but hey you never know maybe he'll just glide through without a problem. I dunno about the outstanding Marine part, but thanks for the positive words. I think there's more to a Marine than just the PFT. For the flexed arm hang I find that if my forearms are touching it makes the arm hang a hell of a lot easier than if they're held apart...Just a little advice. I haven't been to a pool function yet...What do you do during those? And I don't like running by myself either, but nobody else can keep up with me so I make my sister ride her bike along side me while I run maybe you can get your brother to do that.

I think I should get him to do that. My older brother who is a Marine right now is coming up to visit us for a few weeks I think. Maybe I can get him to kick the crap out of me to get me to be motivated to do it on my own. Thanks for the tip about the arm hang. I do it a weired way. I do it with my arms apart like you said. Maybe I could lengthen my time if I do it your way. My dad built a pull up bar for me so I can do that and work that up every day. I want to get to the point to where I can do pull ups. After my older brother gets done visiting with us he has to go to Iraq for 7 months. I wish they would let women do infantry. I told my dad I wanted to do infantry and he told me I was stupid and probably wont even make it through boot. I just laughed. A lot of people think I'm in this to make him happy but I love the military. It's always been a dream of mine. I would like to know that I can kick the crap out of my dad if it ever got to that point though. lol
:rambo:

Cool, so your brother is a Marine and both you and your brother will someday be Marines. That's awesome, the whole family will be Marines. For the flexed arm hang tip, no problem just give my way a shot and see which one is easier. When I do it with my arms apart my time is split in half so hopefully your time will double if you do it my way. Same here, I would like to be able to do pull ups also..Haha I have to get somebody to help lift me up to do the arm hang. I wish your brother lots of luck in Iraq. I know damn well I wouldn't be able to handle infantry, but I do wish they'd let women be tankers...That'd just kick so much ass riding around in that tank and blowin stuff up. Same here, I've always loved the military also and have been wanting to be a Marine since I was little.

You know what? That's ok, I don't know either. Damn, I can't think of anything to say. I'm so confussed about my life right now. I know I want to go into the Military, but I just don't know for sure what branch. I know that a big part of going into the Marines is so my dad has something to tell his friends. My dad doesn't care if I'm happy :( or not as long as he has something to brag about and make himself look good he's happy. Right now I'm at a cross between Marines and Army. If I go into the Army reserves or something like that :? I can get a lot of college done and still be able to stay here at home. If I go into the Marines I will be doing it mainly to make my dad happy. I also know that if for some reason I would rather be in the Marines and not Army I can switch over. I think I need to talk to an Army recruiter to find out all the information I need. Sorry, I'm using this forum as a pros and cons list. Sorry.

You should do whatever feels best for you. I'm sure down the road, if you choose to enter one branch say the Army, you can go into the Marines or vice versa. I think your dad should be proud about whatever you do, at least you're not in jail for selling drugs or running a prostitution ring. But do what feels best and natural for you. Talk with an Army recruiter, research the Army.

I could sit here and say, "Join The Corps" and give you a potful of lines about it because I of course have to back my own, but I wont. You need to check into what is goin to make you feel better about you. If you are havin thoughts about somethin else, you will never be happy in The Corps or anywhere else for that. Don't think about anyone else, think about your future and what will work for you and everyone else can work around that or kiss your a--. I hate to make it sound that way, but if you go around and try and make everyone else happy you will grow old and never be happy about your life. You will not be able to look back and find somethin that you are truly proud of. Do your research, choose the best choice for you. Then when it is all said and done you will realize how much better off you are, (in the Marines ;) )

Back