Marine MOS...

implicature

Now before i go any further i have searched this forum and GOOGLED this query and i have boo-coodles of results but they were in fact not what i was looking for.

i have a few MOS's that i am eligible for: 3043; 3432; 3451; 6042; 6672.

Some of these codes have been changed since the Vietnam era. I have searched for the updated codes and about.com has listings but it does not define some of the codes. My recruiter has basic info on these MOS's but i would like my own information just to satisfy my curiosity. Also any inside information would be cherished.

i realize that i will get one of these and i cannot pick the specific one but i would like to get a basic understanding and feel for each of them.

if anyone has any specific information and is willing to share pm or post it! Thank you all in advance.

3043-Supply admin and Op's clerk
3432- Finance Tech-Disbursing clerk
3451- Fiscal budget Tech
6672-Aviation Supply Clerk

I don't find a listing for 6042 but there is a listing for 6046 Aircraft Maintaince Administration Clerk. Which would jive with the others.

No matter what your choice you will be in for alot of papperwork.

Well i understand that. but the desk job seems to be something i excel at. one thing that the Corps does for me is give it more meaning. i can have a job pushing a pencil anywhere in the world. With me pushing pencils for my country gives me a since of worth. This makes my job still worth something four or 20 years down the road (whether i choose ot go career or not). This puts all of the civie administration jobs further down on the list.

back on subject

thank you for the info. is there a source for your info and also can you put me in touch with someone who has experience in the fields and/or knows detail about them. ie: locations, terms, security clearance, length of training.

thanks for the quick response!!!!

Search USMC MOS there are several sites. Your recruiter should have the training length table. Security will actually depend on your billet. Finance can be stationed at any Marine Corps station, Avaition will be stationed with the wing.

Sorry I don't know anyone in those fields. Closests I could come would be an 01 field Prso/Admin.

hey 03 im a 9972 right now and its crew chief not supply clerk, unless 66 is designated for supply and not a particular platform (which im not suer about) its some sort of crew chief. i will get my designation when i complete air crew school.

According to my MOS chart 6672 is Aviation Supply clerk. 9972 is Aircrew trainee with 7300 field being flight crew.

now as i understand it to be a "chief" in a certain MOS you must first be fully trained and be of a certain pay level -- is this correct or is it way off base 03USMC?

All I can say to that is most of the Chief designations I know off Such as Admin Chief are SNCO's. So that would depend on MOS. Sometimes it changes your MOS designator so look at the MOS chart that should tell you.

For Example
0311 - PVT - SGT

0369 - Ssgt - MGYSGT.

However in the MOS fields you listed I don't see that change over.

hey 03-
i just read the remington raider post and decided to dig up this thread and ask a few ?'s (not just to 03 but anyone else for that matter)

1- is being attached to a Bn something that is part of the MOS code or is it only according to the need of The Corps?
2- after Paris Island is there training between PI and MOS training? i have heard about some sort of battle training but it was under the impression that it was only for infantry but i get it a few different accounts depending on the website.

thanks ya'll

A Supply Clerk for example can be attached to any unit in the Corps. Not just Supply Co. at FSSG. It's where you are needed.

MCT follows Boot.

MCT follows boot only if you are not an 03. Know a kid that graduates SOI in Jan. They do not send grunts to MCT anymore. Infantry go to SOI.

:shock: On purpose? Just kiddin, kinda.. :lol:

implicature said:
2- after Paris Island is there training between PI and MOS training? i have heard about some sort of battle training but it was under the impression that it was only for infantry but i get it a few different accounts depending on the website.

That is why I threw that MCT thing out, so he would know infantry does not do it, waste of time for them.

Well to be honest with you i am inadvertantly (sp) starting a family right now and if i start my career in The Corps and my family decides they like civilian Duayne better then i am going to need a back up plan and from the research that i've done professional killer / weapons expert aren't hiring all that well. So brand me a remington raider if you DARE but either wy my friends:
:firedevi: I AM A MARINE! (or will be shortly ;) !!!)

Remington Raider ain't the worst two old Grunts could come up with. We're bein Genteel as we are in Po-lite So- Ci-it-ty. :lol:

Seriously nothin wrong with bein a paper pusher. It's all in what you want.

Easy there Pup. If all it takes is a couple of us old salts to get ya fired up, you will have a long road ahead of you once you do hit The Corps. It is a friendly ribbin and it will never change. I can tell ya now, grunts will always tease pogues and vice versa, it has always and will always be that way. And your right hitman is a tough field to get into.

Sooners1 said:
Easy there Pup. If all it takes is a couple of us old salts to get ya fired up, you will have a long road ahead of you once you do hit The Corps. It is a friendly ribbin and it will never change. I can tell ya now, grunts will always tease pogues and vice versa, it has always and will always be that way. And your right hitman is a tough field to get into.

Oh don't worry! i don't get fired up very easily... and when i do i get real quite and can't even stand to look at you. i was just joshin' you gents right back. yeah know i am gonna catch hell when i get in first of all because of my name -Daniel Duayne Green- (from GA) and because of my country bumpkin accent. so i may as well get used to it.
-Sooners-
what does the part in the red mean? was it directed to me cause if it is... then you done confused this ole backwoodsman :lol:

implicature said:
from the research that i've done professional killer / weapons expert aren't hiring all that well.

Hitman, professional killer, things like that, yep - they are not hirin all that well, keep tryin to apply though. Problem is there is no Union for that.

Sooners1 said:
implicature said:
from the research that i've done professional killer / weapons expert aren't hiring all that well.

Hitman, professional killer, things like that, yep - they are not hirin all that well, keep tryin to apply though. Problem is there is no Union for that.

I HOPE ALL MARINES ARE A SMART @$$ like this!!! I do enjoy smart elics just poppin off. My dad calls it a p!ss!n contest.

and for the record i thought that was funny!!! keep it up

Back