Marine MOS...

--

December 13th, 2004  
implicature

Topic: Marine MOS...

Now before i go any further i have searched this forum and GOOGLED this query and i have boo-coodles of results but they were in fact not what i was looking for.

i have a few MOS's that i am eligible for: 3043; 3432; 3451; 6042; 6672.

Some of these codes have been changed since the Vietnam era. I have searched for the updated codes and about.com has listings but it does not define some of the codes. My recruiter has basic info on these MOS's but i would like my own information just to satisfy my curiosity. Also any inside information would be cherished.

i realize that i will get one of these and i cannot pick the specific one but i would like to get a basic understanding and feel for each of them.

if anyone has any specific information and is willing to share pm or post it! Thank you all in advance.
December 13th, 2004  
03USMC

3043-Supply admin and Op's clerk
3432- Finance Tech-Disbursing clerk
3451- Fiscal budget Tech
6672-Aviation Supply Clerk

I don't find a listing for 6042 but there is a listing for 6046 Aircraft Maintaince Administration Clerk. Which would jive with the others.

No matter what your choice you will be in for alot of papperwork.
December 13th, 2004  
implicature

Well i understand that. but the desk job seems to be something i excel at. one thing that the Corps does for me is give it more meaning. i can have a job pushing a pencil anywhere in the world. With me pushing pencils for my country gives me a since of worth. This makes my job still worth something four or 20 years down the road (whether i choose ot go career or not). This puts all of the civie administration jobs further down on the list.

back on subject

thank you for the info. is there a source for your info and also can you put me in touch with someone who has experience in the fields and/or knows detail about them. ie: locations, terms, security clearance, length of training.

thanks for the quick response!!!!
--
December 13th, 2004  
03USMC

Search USMC MOS there are several sites. Your recruiter should have the training length table. Security will actually depend on your billet. Finance can be stationed at any Marine Corps station, Avaition will be stationed with the wing.

Sorry I don't know anyone in those fields. Closests I could come would be an 01 field Prso/Admin.
December 14th, 2004  
MilidarUSMC

hey 03 im a 9972 right now and its crew chief not supply clerk, unless 66 is designated for supply and not a particular platform (which im not suer about) its some sort of crew chief. i will get my designation when i complete air crew school.
December 15th, 2004  
03USMC

According to my MOS chart 6672 is Aviation Supply clerk. 9972 is Aircrew trainee with 7300 field being flight crew.
December 16th, 2004  
implicature

now as i understand it to be a "chief" in a certain MOS you must first be fully trained and be of a certain pay level -- is this correct or is it way off base 03USMC?
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

All I can say to that is most of the Chief designations I know off Such as Admin Chief are SNCO's. So that would depend on MOS. Sometimes it changes your MOS designator so look at the MOS chart that should tell you.

For Example
0311 - PVT - SGT

0369 - Ssgt - MGYSGT.

However in the MOS fields you listed I don't see that change over.
January 3rd, 2005  
implicature

hey 03-
i just read the remington raider post and decided to dig up this thread and ask a few ?'s (not just to 03 but anyone else for that matter)

1- is being attached to a Bn something that is part of the MOS code or is it only according to the need of The Corps?
2- after Paris Island is there training between PI and MOS training? i have heard about some sort of battle training but it was under the impression that it was only for infantry but i get it a few different accounts depending on the website.

thanks ya'll
January 3rd, 2005  
03USMC

A Supply Clerk for example can be attached to any unit in the Corps. Not just Supply Co. at FSSG. It's where you are needed.

MCT follows Boot.