Marine MOS...

implicature said:
Sooners1 said:
implicature said:
from the research that i've done professional killer / weapons expert aren't hiring all that well.

Hitman, professional killer, things like that, yep - they are not hirin all that well, keep tryin to apply though. Problem is there is no Union for that.

I HOPE ALL MARINES ARE A SMART @$$ like this!!! I do enjoy smart elics just poppin off. My dad calls it a p!ss!n contest.

and for the record i thought that was funny!!! keep it up

Just wait....this is mild, wait until you have every single one of the salts trying to name you at your first duty station, usually the nickname stays for life.... :shock: so hope you get a good one. ;)

I love nicknames because they provide GREAT storries for the rest of your life!! Yeah i can't wait to be a Marine! I have been reading the stories @ grunt.com and the stories of the veterans and the brotherhood of The Corps just makes me feel like i am going into a new world!

There are a few in there that i had to take a moment to just put myself in the shoes of that man (at least as best as i can)!

My MOS as a remington raider still makes me a Marine but i just can't help but think i may be missin out in the brotherhood of the infantry! i may have to re-enlist as infantry just to get both sides of the coin. :p :lol: ;)

looking back

Well it has been a few years now. I just signed up for four more years. I changed MOS to 0689 and will be in Okinawa in June.
It is interesting to see how my mind has changed from the civilian authoring the above posts to the Marine sitting here today. I found where I am supposed to be by joining the USMC. I don't regret it at all. As far as an MOS goes I see it was important to get the one I did at the time. I learned a lot from that MOS and was able to use it to get in to the MOS I think will be my home for the next enlistment and the ones following. Thanks for all of you who took me in under your wing while i was still jumping through the hoops of the DEP program.

Sincerely,
Imp

P.S. sorry for the bump

Good to hear from you buddy.
I'm going over to the dark side and joining the RoK Army. Long story.
If you have an email address I'll give you the full heads up.
Glad you're doing okay.

Back