Marine Killing

EuroSpike said:
03USMC said:
EuroSpike said:
Yes but you see only a enemy pointing you with his weapon and you know only that he wants you do something but not exactly what and if you do something wrong, his answer is to shoot.

The only thing I could do "wrong" if he's pionting a weapon at me is not engage him.

I agree, but if the engaging would be a suicide? Magazine empty, weapon malfunctioned or distance to enemy so long you can't reach him without getting shot? Then you would be on the role of threating potential POW, wounded or not. Bad luck.

If I'm in that position with an empty mag etc. I'm gonna figure out pretty quick what the guy wants me to do. Drop rifle Hands up.

If he's in that position with the empty mag malfunction etc. and points his weapon at me? Bad luck for him I'm engaging cause he's a threat. I don't have time nor the inclination to wait to see if that weapon functions.

03USMC said:
EuroSpike said:
03USMC said:
EuroSpike said:
Yes but you see only a enemy pointing you with his weapon and you know only that he wants you do something but not exactly what and if you do something wrong, his answer is to shoot.

The only thing I could do "wrong" if he's pionting a weapon at me is not engage him.

I agree, but if the engaging would be a suicide? Magazine empty, weapon malfunctioned or distance to enemy so long you can't reach him without getting shot? Then you would be on the role of threating potential POW, wounded or not. Bad luck.

If I'm in that position with an empty mag etc. I'm gonna figure out pretty quick what the guy wants me to do. Drop rifle Hands up.

If he's in that position with the empty mag malfunction etc. and points his weapon at me? Bad luck for him I'm engaging cause he's a threat. I don't have time nor the inclination to wait to see if that weapon functions.

I agree. So would i or anyone else do in the same situation. Hope that never have to check it out. Wounded enemy still using any weapon is not surrendering and is better to be engaged.

I have not been to recruit training but one thing my SSGT told me was "Don't mistake this job with anything else in the world... Police Protect and Marines Kill"

When he told me this we were in a discussion on what i would do after my active duty was up, whether i would re enlist or not.

if the headlines or the commanding officer said "Marine Murder" instead of Marine Killing the context would be different without question. No matter what the thoughts of those that watched the video are the ONLY ones that no for a fact are those that were in that room.

another thing is...yes the insurgent that surrendered lived to tell the Marines what happened.

the news wires says that he is off the hook

No Charges In Unarmed Iraqi Death

CBS) It was a striking -- some said chilling -- moment in the battle for Iraq, captured on videotape: a wounded, un-armed Iraqi, shot to death by a U.S. Marine.

CBS News has learned that military investigators conclude there is not enough evidence to formally charge that Marine.

As CBS News Correspondent Kimberly Dozier reports, it happened during the bloody fight for Fallujah last fall. The Marines were engaged in bitter house-to-house combat with dug-in enemy fighters...
READ MORE

Here's the real issue.
Why isn't there an outrage about insurgents firing from inside of mosques? If they didn't do that, that Iraqi man would still be alive.

And use civilians as human shields. If you fight without honor, you'll die the same way. The wounded who played dead had ulterior motives, the others showed their hands.

Latest Scuttlebutt is that the Marine will not be charged. The investigation has found that his actions were consistent with the ROE's and Rules of Land Warfare. Which was only doubted by the press and the liberal sheeple who believed their spin.

Waiting for statement by HQMC. Of course this won't get near the press coverage.

OOHRAH....I was worried that the Marine would be charged, he was doing his job.

Anyone know what happened to the GySgt from the Colorado that was supposed to be brought up on charges for hunting down the insurgent sniper that killed some of his Marines?

Lil Hulk 1988 said:
OOHRAH....I was worried that the Marine would be charged, he was doing his job.

Anyone know what happened to the GySgt from the Colorado that was supposed to be brought up on charges for hunting down the insurgent sniper that killed some of his Marines?

I haven't heard this story before.

I haven't heard anything about the Gunny since the first mention of the incident. Probably lost it's newsworthiness in light of the Lt. Patano (sp).And the incident at the check point the resulted in two 2 dead. They've already scheduled a 132 hearing on him.

Back