Marine Killing - Page 6

--

November 23rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

[quote="03USMC"]We took plenty of prisoners in the first go round over there. They surrendered in droves. Yes it made logistics rough. We also had pseudo surrenders and yes we engaged when we felt threatened.

"The crux of the problem is this. Will I wait to take fire or a grenade if I feel threatened by a wounded enemy."

Difficult or less difficult decicions. What kind of wounded enemy you mean threatening? How can you recognize a dangerous wounded from undangerous? Have you enough time to do that?
November 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

Furitive movements, sudden movements, lack of response to commands. Will all get you engaged.
November 23rd, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
Difficult or less difficult decicions. What kind of wounded enemy you mean threatening? How can you recognize a dangerous wounded from undangerous?
The insurgents were putting their hands behind that caused suspicion. I think it's anxiety and fear that made them pull the trigger.

And also, I don't think these guys know english when responding to commands.
--
November 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

Self preservation. Thats what keeps you alive.
November 23rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Furitive movements, sudden movements, lack of response to commands. Will all get you engaged.
Yes, that is self defence. But with islamic fanatics never knows what they are up to do. They can just say Allah u akhbar and surprise with blowing themselves up and take with all people nearby. They don't care because they go to paradise.

"lack of response to commands."

If they don't understand your commands? Do you understand arabic, russian or chinese commands?
November 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
If they don't understand your commands? Do you understand arabic, russian or chinese commands?

I'd learn right quick if an arab, Russian, or Chinaman had a weapon on me.

Commands are not always verbal, Euro.
November 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

We were taught basic phrases and had members of the Kuwaiti AF attached to us.

In Panama they had no problem understanding my Spanish.
November 23rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:

I'd learn right quick if an arab, Russian, or Chinaman had a weapon on me. :lol:

Commands are not always verbal, Euro.
Yes but you see only a enemy pointing you with his weapon and you know only that he wants you do something but not exactly what and if you do something wrong, his answer is to shoot.

Another way chinamen, russians and all other in the same gategory if they don't shoot, they just grab and force you to do what they want. Certainly your watch, money, rings and other a bit valuable found from pockets changes it's owner immediately. No need for words. Maybe it is better not to try that experience anyway.
November 23rd, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:

Yes but you see only a enemy pointing you with his weapon and you know only that he wants you do something but not exactly what and if you do something wrong, his answer is to shoot.

The only thing I could do "wrong" if he's pionting a weapon at me is not engage him.
November 23rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Quote:

The only thing I could do "wrong" if he's pionting a weapon at me is not engage him.
I agree, but if the engaging would be a suicide? Magazine empty, weapon malfunctioned or distance to enemy so long you can't reach him without getting shot? Then you would be on the role of threating potential POW, wounded or not. Bad luck.