Marine Killing

what if that video inspires 300 more Iraqis to take up arms against the US. Say 15 US soldiers are killed by those 300 new insurgents.

Was killing that one wounded Iraqi really worth it?

No matter what your opinion is, the killing was good at the time but bad for the cause,

Actually, SGT, just to clarify on this one, I have not seen anything that can actually prove that the Marine shot a wounded insurgent and not a dead one, the video sure doesn't show any movement. The effect may still be the same, but I don't think we want to jump the gun on saying he killed a "wounded enemy."

The russian stuff don't work for me. Can anyone give me the link to the video?? I really need to watch it. Thanks guys.

Actually, SGT, just to clarify on this one, I have not seen anything that can actually prove that the Marine shot a wounded insurgent and not a dead one
well redneck,im not sure that dead bodies can move since this guy moved before being shot

Ive seen a censored version of the video (just search on google for fallujah video). And its clear that the marine thought he was up to something seen as he thought he was "faking to be dead".
Most people would have done the same and he doesnt deserve to be punished for it.

I say that we shouldn't judge that Marine. If what I have heard is true other Marines was killed/injured by so called injured Iraqis just the day before. The Marine was so very scared and acted directly when he saw movement. It is the situation to blame if anything. The Iraqis would have done the same to any injured Marine.

I do have understanding for Marines/soldiers that in time of war do things that on paper isn't allowed.

It's not wrong to kill the enemy and cheer..

Because in battle, you may be the one dead and the enemy cheering..

Let's cheer for victory!

Sorry pal, but being Gung Ho in this type of war is quite unacceptable. Insurgents can cheer over a dead American body but the world will view these rebels as violent, inhumane, cruel lunatics who gloat over corpses.

Let's cheer for victory!

This ain't a game.

Sorry pal, but being Gung Ho in this type of war is quite unacceptable.
Secrecy, exactly how many wars have you been in? To whom is this unacceptable? Our Marines and Soldiers on the ground are fighting men, not Boy Scouts. They are professionals and as such are "gung ho" about their jobs.
After the fighting is done, the humanitarianism can begin. To get these steps out of sequence is a recipe for diaster.

the ran a picture on the fron t page of the age of falluja after a major battle. you should have seen what people wrote in about how bad the americans were for destroying the town. have they no respect for property, oh that is so bad etc.
i got rather annoyed. i mean HELLO, its a WAR!!!! war is not pretty. its not clean. its not decisive or definent. plans go up the creek very quickly. it occured to me that we should not broadcast the war so closely as civilians have no comprehension of what is going on, they do not realise what is being done is necessary. i mean, its urban combat. that means houses and buildings are your main form of cover,so they are going to get shot up somewhat.
stupid civilians

damn it

Do u see watas happening. They are gonna keep doing this unless we show them whos boss. They want retired personel to come back into active duty. WE need more awareness and more trainned soldiers. We need to have short reaids in every major city. If this is done then we can lower chances of hurting our own men in the future.

Re: damn it

No MERCY said:
Do u see watas happening. They are gonna keep doing this unless we show them whos boss. They want retired personel to come back into active duty. WE need more awareness and more trainned soldiers. We need to have short reaids in every major city. If this is done then we can lower chances of hurting our own men in the future.

retired soldiers coming back? trained soldiers? let me clear something up. the retired soldiers that are coming back, those guys all had a specific skill that the military needed and they were asked to come back. it's not like we're pulling vietnam vets because we're lacking troops. they have information or skills that we need and there isn't that many guys being pulled out of retirement. besides, those guys are probably people in the intel fields or similar areas. it's part of the stop loss program that's been enacted. the soldiers being pulled up from the reserves are still contractually obligated to serve. i don't know why they're complaining because they signed the papers saying they would serve X years active duty and the rest as a reserve. they are all retrained before they are sent into combat too, so it's not a program to bring some civilian out of the working world just to get him shot up in iraq.

Secrecy, exactly how many wars have you been in? To whom is this unacceptable? Our Marines and Soldiers on the ground are fighting men, not Boy Scouts. They are professionals and as such are "gung ho" about their jobs.

Your twisting the main point.

I was replying to a person who was enthusiastic of cheering over a dead body and being happy about it. I didn't meant being "gung ho" about their jobs, I meant being "Gung Ho" about killing a person. They are two entirely different things. And please read the other people's replies carefully.

Secrecy, pay attention to who you're talking to when you post, you might be jumping in the deep end before you're ready.

I was replying to a person who was enthusiastic of cheering over a dead body and being happy about it. I didn't meant being "gung ho" about their jobs, I meant being "Gung Ho" about killing a person. They are two entirely different things. And please read the other people's replies carefully.

Is English not your primary language? If not, I can make allowances for that. I see that the U.S.A. is on your profile so I assumed English is your primary language. Please let me know if this is not the case.
I know exactly what you were replying to. Whether you like it or not, these soldiers "jobs" are to eliminate the enemy. I would be extremely happy about eliminating a threat to myself and my fellow soldiers. Feeling bad for the enemy is a privilege not available to a soldier in combat. In fact it's a liability that he cannot afford.

I help train soldiers before they ship out for iraq or afghany and they are extremely impressive, even non infantry units. I set up ambushes as a terrorist and let me tell you I know the bullets are fake and its just a act but you think twice before running up on an American soldier.

sorry about off topic. This is for the guy questioning the training.

Locke, i agree with your point that it's war and property will be destroyed. but you still have to realize that this is all that some of these people have. as long as we're at war they might not have a home. we still need to be sensative to the local population and realize that this war isn't for us, it's for their freedom. so if they're complaining that some soldier broke down their front door they have that right. on the other hand, i hope they know that as soon as this is over, we're going to go right back in there and fix everything that we blew up.

it's easy to sit back at home behind a computer and talk about it because no one is shooting guns out our window and random searches aren't being conducted to weed out terrorists in our homes. you have to put yourself in their position, especially since it effects them 10x more than it effects anyone here.

Back