Marine Corps Trivia

The answer... Close Air Support was the primary role for the Marine Corps in WWI according to War Department doctrine.

No winners so the 500 milbuck prize rolls over for this question...

What is the name and rank of the US Marine with the most hand to hand kills of Chinese during the Boxer Rebellion?

Thanks.

Uh...Simple question. Name all the men who raised the replacement flag on Iwo Jima? Also, one of them aren't in the Marines. Name?

Private First Class Ira H. Hayes (with poncho hanging from belt - died in 1955);
Private First Class Franklin R. Sousley (with slung rifle - killed in action);
Sergeant Michael Strank (barely visible on Sousley's left - killed in action);
Navy Pharmacist's Mate Second Class John H. Bradley (with empty canteen cover hanging from right side of belt - wounded in action - died 1994.);
Private First Class Rene A. Gagnon (helmet barely visible beside Bradley - died 1979); and
Corporal Harlon H. Block (at foot of pole - killed in action)

PFC Ira Hayes, PFC Franklin Sousley, Sgt Mike Strank, Second Class James Bradley, PFC Rene Gagnon, Cpl Harlon Block.

Perhaps you didn't see my question and Bulldogg's answer up there....

PFC Ira Hayes, PFC Franklin Sousley, Sgt Mike Strank, Second Class James Bradley, PFC Rene Gagnon, Cpl Harlon Block.

Perhaps you didn't see my question and Bulldogg's answer up there....

Of course I did. I was just testing your memorization skills. ;-)

Your up Fox.

Heh..alright, man. Thanks. Let's see.

Well, a simple question again, which general that only got 5 Navy Crosses in his Marine Corps career?

Back